Chapter One

Chapter One

"Yeah it that's what seems like." Alcasian Republic Military Chief of Staff Chairman Commander Mark Terrans responded to President Acres as Alcasian Army Chief of Staff Commander Evans, Alcasian Guard Force Commander Tennabs, and Alcasian Border Guard Chief of Staff who were with him agreed with that assessment.  

Along the southern edge of the Alleranson Sectors, Commander Nathans sat in the CO's office onboard the Asernia read over the After-Action Reports sent to him by the Commanding Officers onboard the other 72,089,600 Alcasian Republic Military starships, cruisers, and destroyers under his command.  

"Sir, you have an encrypted communique from Aldertan Sectors Alcasian Republic Military Field Command Headquarters." Lieutenant Kevinsans said over the Video Audio Communication Screen's transciever.  

"Lieutenant, patch it through to my office." Commander Nathans responded to his Bridge Communications Officer.  

The image of Lieutenant Kevinsans seated at communications console on the bridge of the Asernia was replaced by one that showed Commander Markans seated in the Field Commander's Office at Aldertan Sectors Alcasian Republic Military Field Command Headquarters situated on the surface of Aldertan One.  

"Commander, I want the Combat Assault Groups your command to monitor the situation in the Alleranson Sectors to the north." Commander Markans ordered Commander Nathans. "The same thing goes for the other Combat Assault Groups along the border there with you." 

"Understood sir, we'll keep an eye out for any movement by Alcasian Federal Military forces." Commander Nathans answered as he deactivated the Video Audio Communication Screen transmission. The image of Commander Markans in his office at Aldertan Sectors Alcasian Republic Military Field Command Headquarters disappeared from the 11 inch flatscreen VACS.  

On Alcasia, the holographic map projected from the holo-projector in the war room on the fifteenth floor of Alcasian Republic Military Headquarters was zoomed in on the 100,000 light-year by 300 light-year area along the current northern edge which included the Alerdan Sectors, Aleranan Sectors, Aperan Sectors, Afferan Sectors, Aldertan Sectors, Aweab Sectors, Alrean Sectors, Alerasson Sectors, Alerdan Sectors, and Allon Sectors.  

"Alright, what are our assets in the area?" President Acres inquired of Alcasian Army Chief of Staff Commander Evans, Alcasian Guard Force Commander Tennabs, and Alcasian Border Guard Chief of Staff Commander Onris who all stood along the bottom edge which indicated the southern edge of the 300,000 sqaure light-year area.  

"In addition to the Asernia, Anernia and the other 72,089,600 Alcasian Republic Military starships, cruisers, and destroyers under Commander Nathan's command on the northern edge of the Aldertan Sectors." ARMCOSC Commander Evans responded. "There are 400 Combat Assault Groups in each group of sectors which number 104,857,600 starships, cruisers, and destroyers. Along with support vessels, and a few thousand orbital bases, listening posts, scanner array stations, spacedocks, and communications stations deployed in and among the 18 million planetary systems." 

Alcasian Army Chief of Staff Commander Evans, Alcasian Spacefleet Corps Chief of Staff Commander Brianson, Alcasian Guard Force Chief of Staff Commander Tennabs, and Alcasian Border Guard Chief of Staff Commander Onris who oversaw the branches of the Alcasian Republic Military knew like many other in their position that the number of forces didn't always mean victory.  

In the nearby Senate Building, Prime Minister Vellas entered the conference room on the eleventh floor and sat down at the head of the table. After a couple of minutes had passed, 100 Alcasian Senators currently on the Senate Intelligence Committee entered the room and took the remaining empty seats.