Chapter 2: The Graduation Party

Jake pulls up to Madelyn's house, and looks at me as if to say "let's just get this over with". We try to get out of the car, but this maniac speeding car pulls in the driveway so we stay in the car until we know for sure the car has come to a complete stop. Madelyn and Jasmine get out of the car, then Madelyn smiles at Jasmine.

"Thank you for letting me drive your car!" Madelyn says smiling at Jasmine.

"No problem, Bestie!" Jasmine says skipping to the front door. As soon as Jasmine was out of sight, Madelyn started glaring at Jake and I.

"Madelyn, you coming?" Jasmine called out.

"Yeah, I'm on my way!" she called back and skipped over to her. Jake gets out of the car and opens my door.

"I already want to kill Madelyn after giving her another chance." he says, "The way she glared at you was uncalled for."

"She thinks I'm still holding the whole Barbie doll incident over my head. Once she finds out I'm not, she'll be nicer." I say. 

"Whatever you say." he says as he grabs my hand and helps me out. We walk over to the party holding hands and ring the doorbell. Jasmine opens the door and smiles.

"Come in you two! You guys are early! Besides Madelyn and I, you two are the only guests here!" Jasmine says smiling. We walk in together, Jake's eyes going over the mansion she lived in. It looked so grand as if a princess lived here. We walk in to the kitchen with granite counters, and a tan castle design. 

"Who's here Jasmine?" Madelyn asks as she comes down the spiral stairway and sees me and Jake, "Oh, you two." she says with a rude sort of tone.

"Nice place you got here, Madelyn!" I say smiling and nudge Jake to say something nice too.

"Nice outfit." he says and looks down.

"Thank you!" she says smiling as she walks down and looks at the both of us, her green eyes piercing through us.

"So um, just letting you know, I'm sorry for holding the Barbie incident over my head for so long. It was immature of me." I say shyly looking at her.

"It's okay, I forgive you." she says smiling and hugs me, "I hope we can be the best of friends!" she says hugging me tighter to the point where I felt like she was suffocating me.

"Um, yeah." I say smiling as I hug back and let go in a polite way.

"Well, I'm getting kinda hungry. Where are the refreshments?" Jake asks Madelyn.

"In the kitchen." she says smiling. Jake walks over to the kitchen, leaving me alone with Madelyn.

"So, I hear the party's going to be huge." I say smiling.

"Yeah, whatever." she says going back to smirking and glaring.

"You ok?" I ask.

"Just in an awkward place. That's all. Want refreshments?" she asks. 

"Um, sure." I say awkwardly and walk to the kitchen. I see Jake and Jasmine giggling as they eat chips then stop when they see me and smile. 

"Emily, come over here. I was telling good high school stories! You too Madelyn!" Jasmine says smiling.

"Alright!" I say as I go over and listen to Jasmine's story.

"Well, it was the day before the first day of freshman year in high school one day, and Jake texts me. He tells me that he's liked Emily ever since kindergarten and wants to ask her out tomorrow. He asks me what he should do, and I respond to him that I'd walk with Madelyn and her friends as soon as I got out of Emily's car, then you and Emily would be alone. Take her somewhere private, tell her how you feel, and ask her. He responded with an okay and we were just texting all night with tips on how to ask a girl out, up to the point where we had to go to sleep. And well, he took my advice and did what I had said well, didn't you, Jake?"