Chapter 18 - That Idiotic, Moronic, Neanderthal Baboon!

This was truly turning out to be one of the worst days of her life. How could this have happened! This morning she thought it would be one of the best days of her life. You know, she had a date with a superstar. But no, instead of making googly eyes over a table at Ace during some romantic dinner, Sam was stuck in the penalty box of the mall’s security. How insane was this, when she had done nothing wrong. It was all that idiotic, moronic, Neanderthal baboon. But no matter how many times she tried to explain that, security wasn’t listening.

“I didn’t take the stupid bra,” Sam pleaded to Bob, the security guy standing in front of her. “It’s his fault.” She pointed at Brian, who was standing on the other side of the room talking in his cellphone. “He put it in my purse.” Unfortunately Bob was having none of it. After a deep sigh he just walked away from her.

Why wasn’t anybody listening to her? And why wasn’t that idiot helping her? Sam never thought she would dislike someone even more than Jack, but Brian was currently at the top of her list. That bastard was even smiling.

She had been here for over an hour and almost nothing had happened. The only thing Bob and his partner had done was ask her questions and apparently they were waiting for footage of the security cameras from the lingerie store.

“Relax Sunshine,” Brian interrupted her thoughts. Oh she so badly wanted to wipe that smile of his face. “I just got of the phone with Ace. I told him what happened and he understood you had to cancel on him.

“Cancel on him?” Sam hit him on his arm, letting out some of her frustration, but he didn’t even flinch. “I didn’t cancel on him. I’m stuck here because of you. This is all your fault.” Sam was so mad and frustrated at the same time, she didn’t know what to do with herself.

“That’s kind of harsh.” He truly looked insulted. “If you had tried it on, I wouldn’t have put it in your purse, I would have bought it for you.”

Sam just wanted to scream, so badly. But Bob was keeping an eye on her and she didn’t want to get into any more trouble.

Brian saw Sam wasn’t up for any of his humor right now and decided to switch tactics. “Look, I know this sucks. I also didn’t think it would turn out so bad. But I told them what happened and you told them what happened. As soon as they have the security video, you will be free and you’ll have a fun adventure to tell your friends about.”

“Fun?” Sam whisper yelled at him. “If this is your idea of fun, then I want nothing to do with it. The only thing I’m glad for in this ‘fun’ adventure of yours is that they haven’t called the cops.”

“Now you’re just exaggerating,” he smiled at her.

The boy really had no clue, did he? All that stardom must have gone to his head. “I don’t know in what world you live Mister Superstar, but in the real world when someone steals something, he’s a thief en thieves go to jail!”

This seemed to surprise him. Brian nodded at her. “I’m going to wait over there,” as he pointed to toward the exit.

“Yeah, you do that.” She was so tired of this and just wanted to go home. Brian disappeared through the door, leaving her alone with Bob and his partner.

And so she waited. It took another half an hour before someone showed up with the security video. Sam really hoped that was enough to get her out of here.

“It looks like you’re in luck, Miss Thomson,” Bob said. “You’re free to go, but I recommend you stay away from that boy. This is serious business for us, do you understand?”

Sam nodded eagerly. “Yes, Sir.”

“Go,” Bob ordered her out. “And send that boy in.”

Grabbing her bag, Sam got the hell out of there, nearly tripping over Brian in her haste;