The Meet Up

- Hey guys!  This is my first fanfiction i've ever written.  I experienced a lot of writer's block during this... so I'm sorry if it's all over the place!  Enjoy c: -

-= Rylie's POV =-

        It was a chilly day in Canada.  The sky was gloomy and full of clouds that screamed sadness.  I trudged down the pavement to my job, or as I like to call it, hell.  I worked at a small bookstore in the middle of town that rarely had customers walk in the door.

        As I positioned myself behind the counter at work, I put my head into my hands.  Today was a terrible day and it had just started... ugh.  I started drifting into a light sleep when the door opened.  I sprung up and rubbed my eyes to reveal a very attractive man walk towards the counter.  He had dark brown hair that matched his deep eyes.  I frantically sat up and pulled my hair out of my face.

        "Did I wake you?" he said with a chuckle.  His voice was so sweet and charming.

        "I guess so.  Business is pretty slow here," i said with dread.  Thank god i didn't humiliate myself.

-= Brayden's POV =-

        Today didn't seem like anything special, until I saw 'her'.  When I walked through the dusty door of the bookstore, I was blown away... damn!  This girl was just my type, light brown hair with hazel eyes that shimmer in the light.  She seemed to be sleeping before I opened the door.

        "Did I wake you?" I forced words out of my mouth.  I hope she couldn't hear the shakiness in my voice.

        "I guess so.  Business is pretty slow here," she said quietly.  Her voice was so smooth, I couldn't help but smile. "Can I help you?" her heavenly voice said.  I could tell she felt awkward.

        "Actually, yes.  I'm looking for a book that will keep me occupied during a trip to Africa!" I explained.  I was telling the truth, but I was still trying to impress her.

        "Whoa, Africa?  That's amazing!  If you don't mind me asking, why are you going?" She said with a small grin on her face.  She had only one dimple that made her look even more adorable.

        "Well, it's a school trip, but it'll take a while to explain it all," when I said that I nearly laughed at myself.  It wasn't that long of a story at all, I was just trying to squeeze some more time out of her.

        "Huh, well my shift is over in about 20 minutes.  Is that enough time or do we have to arrange something?" She said jokingly.  My heart was racing.  What do I say!?  I didn't expect this!

        "Actually that is enough time, but I need time to hear some about you.  We should get something arranged," I did a comedic wink at the end of my sentence.  She laughed a lot harder than she should have, but it was cute.  "Are you free for lunch after your shift?"  I asked waiting for the right answer.  She nodded and giggled with her cheeks turning pink.

- AH.  If you have any advice for the next chapter, please let me know (: -