THIRTEEN

THIRTEEN

Kylee smiled happily as she stepped into the school, happy to finally have her cast off of her leg. After seven weeks of wearing it, the doctor told her it was time to remove it and did the initial X-Rays to make sure the bones had healed properly. She was beyond happy when the doctor told her it had indeed healed correctly and further surgery wouldn't be needed to correct the break her godfather did.

She walked with a skip in her step, happy to finally be free. She had been happiest when it was first removed and she was able to scratch an itch she had had for four of those seven weeks. It was an aggravating few weeks.

"It's off?" Stiles questioned when he spotted the female. The familiar clank of her crutches were no longer there, instead the sound of the heels on her ankle boots filled the halls.

"This morning," Kylee grinned, looking down at the once covered skin. "Do you know how great it felt to be able to walk normally."

"Probably one of the best feelings in the world," Stiles answered.

Kylee shook her head, "No actually the best feeling in the world was when I could finally scratch the itch on my leg." The two laughed continuing down the hall.

"I'll catch you later I need to talk to Scott before class," Stiles stated after a moment, his eyes on Isaac who was making his way towards them.

Kylee looked up, eyes on Isaac as well. She nodded, "uh yeah. I'll see you later." She watched Isaac as he approached her, giving him a timid smile. "Hey Isaac." Things had been awkward between the two since the brief kiss, that neither of them had spoke of yet.

"I see the cast is gone," Isaac smiled, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"Yeah!" Kylee smiled happily. "I got it off this morning."

"That's great," Isaac spoke as they began walking down the hall once again. "So I was uh, wondering, uh, Winter formal is coming up and, uh, I was wondering if you'd like to go with me?"

Kylee grinned happily, nodding enthusiastically, " I'd love to."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Kylee Green hesitantly stepped into her house, Melissa McCall close behind her. The young girl eyes the destruction in the house; glass shattered in multiple places, pictures scattered across the floor, paper ripped and littering the floor in multiple places. She shared an uneasy look with Melissa as they moved further and further into the house. She was searching for her mother, her heart pounding loudly in her ears in worry.