Don't be afraid (Short Story)

Don't be afraid, they said. Take a breath and calm yourself, they said. To take a arm out, they said.And I unwillingly did knowing that disobeying direct orders would result in death.

Scorching, burning sensation soared up my right arm I felt like I couldn't breath. it doesn't hurt, they said. Toughen up, they said. Don't be afraid, they said. Don't be afraid, they said. Don't be afraid, they said. Be brave, they said. A young women like yourself are soldiers, they said. I was merely a young lady ..sixteen years to be exact. I was married at the age of eight to benefit my family, they said. Put in a school to get ready to take care of a warrior child, they said. Be ready at sixteen to be a mom, they said.

I remember when I kept disobeying direct orders and they said to her to the chambers, they said. They put me hot boiling water then put me extremely cold water then they said, take her out, they said. Tie her to chair, they said. my arms were bleeding from boils caused from years of this repeated lesson of becoming a mother. They hit about twenty time with a belt with nails sticking out on my arms, legs, stomach, and back. They said, to take my right arm out, they said. They put a a lighting fluid on that arm and lit it up with arm. They said, leave in for five minutes, they said.

After five minutes, they said throw me in the hot water, then cold water, they said. It was done, my lesson of becoming a mother was completed.

"Congratulations, your now ready to become a mother." They said.