Chapter 3

15 minutes ago

Arshi's side

Khushi's POV

To avoid showing my weakness, I head to the kitchen and see Jiji cooking dinner for the family. I walk towards her, putting on a fake smile, and start helping her with the meal. 

As we cook, Mami comes in and orders us to make her darling Aarav's favourite food, then leaves, but not before comparing how similar Aarav and Arnavji are

Jiju (shouting): PAYAL!!! Where are you?

I stand shocked, hearing Jiju shouting Jiji's name in anger. I look at Jiji, who looks even more shocked than me. Before I could ask her anything, she left for her bedroom, while I continued what I was doing.

While cooking, I start to feel a little dizzy, so I hold onto the counter to steady myself. Mamiji comes in and yells at me before leaving.

Mamiji: Phatti Sarri, whatss yous doing? Hurries up aur does work. (Khushi, what are you doing? Hurry up and do the work.)

After Mamiji leaves, I feel a surge of anger, which soon disappears when I see Arnavji coming towards me. I am sure he will come to apologise, but I will not melt that easily. What he said still hurts me. I continue working or rather pretending to work, when instead of Arnavji, Sheetal comes in.

I continue doing work or should I say pretend to do work when Sheetal comes in instead of Arnavji.

Sheetal: Hey Khushi, make tea for me with two cubes of sugar. Thanks.

I watch her as she goes to the living room to do her nails. Irritated, I walk towards her.

Khushi: Main aapki naukaraanee nahin hoon. Khud bana dijiye. (I am not your waitress. Make it yourself.)

The whole family stops what they are doing, which is pampering Aarav, and looks at me.

Di: Khushiji! That's not how you speak to our guests. Where are your manners? Why are you talking to our guests like this? Are you okay?

Khushi: Parantu... (But)

As I am about to explain how Sheetal was ordering me around, Arnavji interrupts.

Arnavji: Didn't you hear Di? Apologize! And also, Khushi!!! How dare you talk to Sheetal like that? Apologize now and make the tea.

Aarav: Yes, apologize to my mum!

Today is definitely not my day. I start feeling dizzier as more insulting words come out of Arnavji's mouth. I hold onto a nearby table for support, but suddenly, everything goes dark, and I collapse to the floor.

What happened to Khushi?

Is she ok?

Will the Raizadas realise their mistake?