You Found Me

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. -Hebrews 11:1

            School, work, family, good friends, and Jesus was all Tyler Jacobson needed in his life. He didn't need some girl; he was content in just his relationship with Jesus Christ.

            Ashlynn Harrison, on the other hand, was a bad girl. She liked to party. Her last relationship was with a boy whose name she didn’t even remember.           

            It was safe to say that they were on opposite sides of the spectrum. Tyler spent his Friday nights at home studying and spending time constructively with his family and friends while Ashlynn spent hers drinking alcohol and sleeping with as many guys as she could.

            Ashlynn had decided to transfer schools for her Senior Year of high school because she had built up such a bad reputation at the other. However, this new school was the same school that Tyler was attending for his Senior Year too.      

            This time around, Ashlynn wanted to change her ways. All hope for that was lost though when she laid eyes on Tyler Jacobson in her English class. As soon as she saw him, she knew that he was the next guy that she wanted to sleep with.

            Tyler didn’t even notice her though. He was too busy paying attention to the teacher that was talking about her expectations and rules of her classroom. In other words, his attention was captured by something other than Ashlynn, and she didn’t like that. She wanted him, and the only way that she could get just that was if he would notice her.

            “Excuse me?” Ashlynn raised her hand.

            Mrs. Beckham, the English teacher, nodded her head—giving Ashlynn the right to the floor.

            “I just had a quick question.” She paused for a second.

            Looking over at Tyler, she saw that she had gotten what she wanted; she had captured his attention. Ashlynn smirked a little and then turned back to the teacher. Mrs. Beckham was impatiently waiting for Ashlynn to ask her question.

            “Are you going to ask your question?” Mrs. Beckham finally asked, frustrated.

            “Are there any projects in this class that we’ll have to do?”

            “Yes. If you had been paying attention, you would have already known that.”

            The bell cried out, signaling that third period was over. Ashlynn’s question had made it where the teacher couldn’t finish what she had planned on for the class.

            Tyler got up quickly from his seat, cramming his book, binder, and pencil into his bookbag. Ashlynn quickly made her way out into the swarm of students in the hallway. She hoped that Tyler would be looking for her. However, he just walked right past her.

            The way that she was dressed in such a scanty way was unattractive to him. In fact, he found it repulsive. Of course, Ashlynn’s attire met the school’s dress code, but it was still questionable.

            He couldn’t help himself but to wonder… If she dressed like that at school, what did she dress like at home?

            Exactly. That was his point.

            Seeing him walk by her just annoyed Ashlynn. Tyler was going to be more of a challenge than she originally thought, but she knew that she would get him eventually. She just had to be patient. Unfortunately though, patience was not a quality Ashlynn strongly possessed.

*NOT FINISHED*