The Island

Chapter 1: The Awakening

You blink to rid the sand out of your eyes as you sit up on a peaceful sandy beach. You turn your head side to side before noticing a strange implant on your arm. You look down at it and attempt to scratch it off, but fail to do so. Slowly, you raise yourself to your feet and look at your surroundings. You instantly notice a towering blue monument in the sky. It is hovering directly above a tall, snow coated mountain. The mountain is surrounded by a snowy biome of trees, receding into a dense forest. To your right you see the forest continues up a small cliff face, but in this direction there is a large, red obelisk that appears to be closer than the blue one. Directly in front of you is a massive green obelisk.

'What is this strange place?" You wonder as a chill runs down your spine. You're feeling the cold. You notice a buzz in your left arm, where the implant is. You tap the implant and suddenly a screen appears in front of you. Moving your hand moves the screen - it appears to be a hologram. You tap a button on your wrist-hologram and realise that it is interactive, and you continue playing around until you notice a flashing light above "Hypothermal Insulation". You realise this must mean get warm, and frantically look around for stones to make a fire ring. You walk over to a tree and start punching it to gather wood. With each punch you gain little wood and little thatch, but much pain. After a while your implant starts buzzing again. You open your wrist-hologram and notice an arrow next to a picture of a person's head. You tap the arrow and it brings you to a screen that has "Level Up!" in big letters across the screen. You tap this button and a table is pulled up. It gives you the option to improve one trait about you. You select Health, and you feel rejuvenated, as if you've eaten something refreshingly cold. A small meter rises about ten percent and says "HEALTH: 100/110".

Another light flashes next to