Chapter 1

Another normal evening at the Raizada mansion. A handsome man in a suit steps out of his Mercedes and hurries towards his room, eager to see his favourite person. On his way, he encounters two unexpected guests: his ex-girlfriend and her son. Just as he is about to ascend the stairs, his sister stops him.

"Chotte, Aarav has been waiting for you since morning. Can you come and play with him?" Anjali asks.

Arnav nods and heads to his room, his mind focusing on finding his beloved Khushi. He searches everywhere but cannot find her beautiful figure. Then, his eyes land on something shocking—a lab report. Driven by curiosity, he picks it up and opens it to read:

DNA REPORTS: ASR AND AARAV—RESULTS POSITIVE

Arnav (shouting) - KHUSHIIIII!!!!!!! Where are you?!!!

Khushi's POV

I come running in to see that Arnavji is holding a file ... wait, not just a file but the DNA reports that I asked for. Hey Devi Maiyya, did he read the file?

Me - Arnavji what happened? Why are you shouting?

Arnavji (shocked) - Where did you learn English and what is this?

Khushi - wo..wo.. I have been going to English classes after we got married so that no one can say that you have got an uneducated wife.

Arnavji drags me towards the wall and shows me the papers. I didn't expect him to do that so I just started crying.

Me (crying): Wo... hum... I had (sniff) a... (sniff) doubt and thought to (sniff) clear it

Arnavji (holding me stronger) - What doubt? Can't you trust me, dammit? You are the BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE. BECAUSE OF YOU, DI LOST HER BABY AND HER HUSBAND. IT WAS YOUR MUM'S FAULT THAT MY MUM COMMITTED SUICIDE. I THOUGHT TO GIVE OUR RELATIONSHIP A CHANCE AND... (DEEP BREATH) YOU DON'T EVEN TRUST ME. DADI WAS RIGHT, YOU AREN'T WORTH MY LOVE. YOU ONLY WANT MONEY.

My eyes widened with shock and pain as Arnav's words cut through her like a knife

My eyes widened with shock and pain as Arnav's words cut through her like a knife. I couldn't believe the man she loved so deeply could think so lowly of her.

Me (whispering through tears): Arnavji, it's not like that. I was just trying to clear a doubt, to understand... for Aarav.

Arnavji (angry and frustrated): For Aarav? Do you think I would lie about something like this? You think so little of me?

Me: No, Arnavji, I never meant to hurt you. I just... I didn't know how to handle it. I was scared.

Arnavji (coldly): Scared? You should have come to me, talked to me. But instead, you...

Arnavji lets go of me and stares at me while I gaze into his eyes, searching for any hint of the love we once shared. But all I see is hatred. Unable to bear the intensity of his contempt, I turn and leave, my heart shattering with each step.

What will happen to ARSHI now?

What should Khushi do now?

Does Arnav hate her now?

Note: Hey, I'm just making some edits to this story. The entire story will be published on Wattpad soon. Thanks for your patience. :-)