Dos

Barcelona took my breath away. The city was simply... magical. I just wanted to wander around and explore instead of going to a meeting Adam had scheduled with the Calvin Klein people. The car came to a sudden halt and I hopped off with my bodyguard, Dave, walking behind me.

We entered the building and were then led to a small board room where a number of people were waiting for us.

“Mr. Parker and Miss Eigenmann, welcome to Barcelona!” Ricardo, the assistant creative director of the fashion brand. I was used to being around such high esteemed people all the time now that I didn’t even freak out whilst meeting him.

Calvin Klein is one of my favourite labels and for them to show such a huge interest in making me their ambassador was more than an honour, it was just insane for me. I had signed a two year contract to basically be the face of Calvin Klein and that included me wearing their designs to one of the biggest fashion events of the year, The Met Gala in New York. It was going to be my first time at the event so I was extremely excited.

Thirty minutes into the meeting, we started to discuss the main agenda.

“This collection is all about empowering women to take control of their lives, including their fashion sense. It’s really bold and sophisticated as always but with a touch of sexy. We thought you would be perfect for this campaign because those are you’re exact qualities.. well except.. you’re super sexy,” Yann, a senior designer implored and we laughed.

“I’m really excited,  I’ve always been a fan of you guys even before I could afford to buy anything from  Calvin Klein so this is a big deal for me. .. What ideas do you have for the photoshoot?”

“Umm at first,  we had agreed with Nigel here, our photographer, that it was to be really bold but subtle, just a white background and some shots of you in Barcelona. Just make it really simple so that you can stand out...then the boss gave us this incredible idea to have a male model in it too, just so we can really bring it out that it’s the woman that’s in control and the man can stand back and watch..”

“Yeah and we’ve shortlisted some of the best European models for this. We wanted you to see their headshots and pick the one you’d prefer but I seem to have left them behind, I could just è-mail them to Mr. Parker and you can take a look!”

“No it’s alright, just pick your fave, I’m sure you have good taste.”

“You’re such a doll,” he mused,” can’t wait to work with you on Saturday.”

“Likewise and since I think we’re done here, I think I’ll spend the rest of the day exploring this amazing city of yours.”

“Have fun, see you later Amy!”

Adam and I walked out of the building, feeling like we scored a home run. And for the rest of the day I did just as planned.

***

“So as we discussed this is going to be a very simple but breathtaking photoshoot. We want to let the clothes speak for themselves, the make up and the hair is subtle as well. The model you’ll be working with also has a very unique face, he was perfect for the photo shoot.”

“Is he Spanish?”

“Yeah, he’s actually from Madrid. Don’t worry he knows English so they’re won’t be any language barrier.”

“Ok cool. I’m excited Nigel. This campaign is a big deal. I wanna have a good shoot.”

“I’m sure you’ll do great! There’s a reason why they picked you and not any other actress, or public figure... and we do need to get started now. I’m hearing that the male model hasn’t arrived yet. Let’s get you in hair and make up.”

I was immersed into the vanity booth where my hair was neatly straightened and my face was covered up in all kinds of beauty products to make me look flawless. Once I was looking perfect I was ready to be shipped off to the set but Nigel still hadn’t called me.

“Oh the model isn’t here yet, but just come let’s start with your individual shots.”

I was already kind of irritated by this model, why would he show up late after getting such an amazing opportunity? Not every model gets to shoot for Calvin Klein. But let me not judge, he might’ve found some traffic on the way or something.

We were fifteen minutes into my individual shoot when  my eyes stray away from the camera. He was wearing a blue and red snap back, a white tee and he carried a black backpack on his shoulder. A cigarette stuck out of the side of his mouth, half burnt and he coolly pulled it out and breathed out the smoke. Nigel had stopped shooting and now everyone was kind of staring at him. When he turned towards us my heart skipped a beat when I realized that it was him, it was the guy from the park. I stopped breathing for a few seconds as I watched him.

“Where’ve you been Diego? I thought I sent you an email to be on set by 8 am.”

“Oh sorry, I’m not into social media that much,” he said before walking towards me. His eyes widened slightly when he realized it was me he would be shooting with.

“Well well well, small world ain’t it?” he scoffed.

please comment and vote if you liked it :)