Chapter Seventeen

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Was Luke actually saying we were 'just having fun' after all we've been through. I was mad and he was going to hear about it.  I watched him smile and laugh like what he said meant nothing as he went on with the interview. I stood there shaking my head in disapproval at him. "Well, it was great to meet all of you and I wish you all the best in your career" Jimmy said as they stood up and shook his hand.

Everyone starting to clap and so did I, but it was more of a slow sarcastic one than a proud one. They all came running up to me. "You guys did so well" I said hugging Michael, Ashton and Calum. Luke came slowly walking over to me, fixing his hair. "How did I do?" He asked, picking me up and spinning me around. My body stiffened at his touch. "You were fine" I said glaring at him as he put me down. He frowned at me in confusion.

"What's wrong?" He asked intertwining our fingers. "Nothing." I said untangled our fingers and storming off. "Ohh.." I heard from the other boys as I walked up. "Hey Kate, Kate" Luke said following me. When I didn't turn around, he took my hand, spinning me around. "What?" I snapped at him. "Hey..what's wrong?" He said running his hands up and down my arms. "It's nothing serious, I'm just having fun" I said making quotation marks with my fingers.

Lukes' frown turned into a smile as he began to chuckle. "It's not funny Luke this is serious" I said smacking his arm. "I'm not laughing, it's just a little ridiculous" He said pulling at his lip ring. "Ridiculous? So you think our relationship is ridiculous now?" I asked, folding my arms in front of myself.

"No, Kate that's not what I'm saying. I'm just saying I didn't mean it that way. I just." He said struggling for words. "You just what Luke?.." I said furrowing my eyebrows at him in hope for an answer. "I just thought you didn't want anyone to know yet? Remember when we were in the car and you said you wanted to keep it between us? I thought that was what you wanted?" He asked me in confusion.

"I did, I mean I do. It's just you made it seem like you were saying you didn't care about me" I said looking down. "What?" Luke said pulling at the ends of my hair. "How did you get that from what I said? All I said is that we weren't anything serious and I only said that so we could keep us a secret" Luke said. "Yeah whatever" I said rolling my eyes. "Kate, I don't understand why you're so upset. I didn't mean it in an offensive way" He insisted. "I'm not upset Luke, I'm angry that you would talk about me like that" I said turning to walk away again. "Are we still going to that launch party tonight?" Luke called after me. "I don't care" I said not bothering to turn around.

I was so mad at Luke, he was condescending me and he knows how much I hate when people do that to me. I was going to that launch party whether Luke was or not.

I was a very impulsive person and when I get something into my head, it was very difficult to get it out. As soon as I left the NBC studio, I went straight for home. I raided my closet for at least 20 minutes trying to find something. I finally found the perfect dress. It was a light pink, backless dress with straps that connected at the back.

I walked into the kitchen to grab a few things before the launch. "Hey where are you off to?" Daddy asked, looking up from his newspaper. "This club launch downtown" I told him, grabbing my bag from the counter. He looked at his watch, then frowned at me. "It's 12am, I don't really feel comfortable with you going out in the city this late at night" He said looking at me with concern.

"I'm not, the boys are coming too" I told him leaning on the counter. "I though you and Luke weren't talking?" He asked me, raising an eyebrow at me. "We aren't, still doesn't mean I can't have have fun" I said winking at him. "You mean you still can't go out and flirt with other guys?" He said smirking at me. "Ehh Tomato tomato" I said shrugging before heading for the elevator.

"Hello?" I answered my phone as I walked down street. "Hey Kate it's Cal, where is this new club?" He asked me. 'I'll be right outside your hotel in a few minutes and we'll get a taxi from there" I said. "Alright sounds good, see you then" He said before hanging up.

Their hotel wasn't too far so I was there within minutes. "Hey" I said walking up to them. Luke's mouth dropped as he saw me walking up to him. "You guys ready to go?" I asked as I hailed a cab. I got into the cab, hoping someone besides Luke would sit beside me.

Of course he sat beside me though. I rolled my eyes, looking out of thw window. Luke placed his hand on my upper thigh, he leaned into my ear. "You look really good tonight" He whispered but I just ignored him. The rest of the cab ride was just plain awkward. I could tell the other boys didn't know what to say so they just didn't say anything.

We finally got to the club and we all got out. I walked ahead of the boys but was pulled back by a hand. "Kate can we please talk about this" Luke whispered into my ear. "No Luke we can't, so for tonight, why don't you stay out of my way and I'll stay out of yours" I said before walking up to the bouncer.