Uno.

Hello, guys. Tell me what you think about this new story! Every chapter I'm gonna try to tell you a joke, inspired by the author of Aisle Five. I can't promise they'll be clean.

What did the guy say who broke his arm?

I've already taken my break.

HA

HA.

Btw I'm not doing a prologue soooo stfu

•••

Alexandra always had a nick against her name. She thought it was too girly. Who the hell named their child Alexandra? She insisted on everybody calling her simply Alex. Her mother absolutely refused, and often told Alexandra that her name was beautiful. Her mother argued that she should feel privileged that she harbored such an angelic name. Alex would scoff, and continue telling everybody to say Alex.

Anyways, it didn't matter anymore. She lived several hours away from her mother and father, even her several siblings. She owned a nice little apartment, all payed for by herself. She was better off living by herself at eighteen and four months. She didn't have to worry about six younger siblings running around, and sticking their boogered noses in her business every five seconds. She didn't get severely questioned when she walked into the house five minutes past curfew; hell, she didn't even have a curfew. If you asked her, she was happy. She had everything she'd ever wanted, except company. She got lonely at night, and scared when nobody would be able to check the noise at the door her mind made up.

She was content with her body some days, and downright despised it on other days. On a usual day, she didn't mind that her hips hung slightly over her waistband; she didn't care that a scar was visible at the base of her backbone when her shirt rid up; she didn't notice how her left second toe was longer than her big toe. She was comfortable in her own skin, and the world would be damned if somebody made her feel otherwise.

When Alex rolled over to slam her alarm clock off, a smile occupied her face. She had plans today; she planned to change the world. Er, at least a small part of the world. She quickly flipped her legs to the floor, tangling them into the comforter, and send her to the floor. Even though her day wasn't taking on the bright side, she still had high hopes. All the while she got ready, the smile stayed planted on her face, only faltering when she had a small doubt.

By the time Alex was ready, her confidence was bursting at the seams of her own pale skin. She grabbed her homemade sign, slipped on her "used daily" flip flops, and rushed out the door. Because of her sudden energy burst, she took the stairs instead of the slow elevator. She balanced fifty-some flyers promoting her statement, while she tried to hang into

Rthe large sign she had made months ago.

Alex was lucky when she tripped over her own foot at the base of the steps, her feet fumbling to regain balance quickly. As she reorganized herself, she walked out the door, and down the street to the corner of Maple and Wicker. She looked around as a herd of adults rounded the corner and slammed into her. She dropped her papers, frantically bending to her knees, and glancing up to see if anybody was helping her. Nobody was, by the way. She scraped her fingers against the concrete to gather the white rectangles from the grown. Her sign had slammed to her side, almost crushing her odd toes. Alex sighed heavily, accepting the fact that nobody would be helping her. She unfolded her legs so she was standing. Her sign was in her right hand, and her flyers in her left. She tried to lift the sign above her head, but didn't think the weight through. Alex was a small person, and her arm could barely support the sign. She soon decided to lean the sign against her leg, and hand out the flyers first.

She chanted her opinion wildly, shoving papers in strangers' faces, and looking at them with hopeful looks. Some of the pedestrians took the flyer, walked a couple feet, then dropped it. Even fewer actually took the flyer and kept it for as long as she could see. And, by the time three hours passed, she still hadn't the strength to pick up her sign with one arm. She was slightly frustrated, and couldn't see why people wouldn't take a mere second to listen to her pleads.

"Ma'am," Alex raised her voice, stepping in front of the woman's path. The lady's eyes were filled with confusion, hardly stopping before bypassing Alex altogether. She hadn't even given her a chance. Alex thought that she might just have to go to her sign, after all it would be more showy. Alex set the flyers down, and placed a foot atop to keep them from coming loose. Her small hands wrapped around the sign, and Alex jutted it into the air.

"Be the voice!" She chanted several times. Her little arms pumped the sign in the air. "Be their voice!" She screamed. People stared at her, some with curiosity; others with annoyance. She stared down the ones who stared at her with hatred. How could they hate her? She was only voicing her opinion.

You see, the thing is Alex is a hardcore vegan. What that means is she doesn't eat anything made with animal products, and she definitely wouldn't eat meat in any way, shape, or form. She would rather die than eat the meat that had been murdered from an animal. She had been in multiple arguments with omnivores, but she always left the opponent speechless.

"What do you think you're doing?" A mother spat her way, gripping her child on either side of the head, and dragging him to the other side of her.

"Voicing my opinion!" Alex fought back. She never let anybody push her around, and she sure as hell wasn't going to start now. "Nobody else will, so I am!" She yelled at the woman's back. The females passing were more voiced than the men, they just stared her down as the women yelled at her.

As bad as she was treated, some people smiled at her, and even bent to take a flyer. There was even one little boy who stared at her until his father swooped in, and yanked him away. The small things gave her hope to continue to stand outside in ninety degree heat with no clouds to control the sun. Alex stood on her sidewalk, still shouting her small opinion into people's faces. At one point a man had pleaded her to stop, just for an hour. He worked the news paper rack across the street from her, and was obviously fed up with Alex's voice. He just wanted her stop for a few, give his own ears a break. Alex simply refused his wish, and went on with her own business. Fuck anybody who tried to stop her.

~angel~