Part 1

Hey guys! This is the 2nd installment of the "How they came to be" franchise! This book is about my OC, Raven's past. It took awhile to finally start writing it but I am now! Anyways, I hope y'all enjoy. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

I was at an early age when my parents split. I wasn't even remotely old enough to remember my father at all. I was about 6 months old when my parents called it quits. 

A year into my life, my mother had to raise me all on her own. She'd heard a few months back that Dad got married to another woman, and sure enough, it had been true. 

A few months after that, my mother met a man on a buisness trip to England. They fell in love at first sight. However, when she had to return home to America, they had to put what they had on hold for awhile, at least until they could see eachother again. Mother would skype this man at least once a day, until one day, he got a plane ticket to our home town in San Diego. 

Just 2 months after, he purposed to her when he came to visit again. She said yes, and they were married within a month. 

Soon after, when I was about 1 and a half years old, we moved to live with my new stepdad in London, England. 

When I was 2, my mom found out that my dad had walked out on the woman he married, and now nobody knew where he'd gone. That day, my mother arranged for that woman to fly to England to meet us. When she arrived, her and my mother instantly became best friends. She also brought her son, Jeff. He was about 6 months older than me, and he had the brightest blue eyes, and shaggy light brown hair. We got along great as toddlers. We'd visit eachother every chance we got, which was fairly easy because our mothers were best friends. 

About 2 years later, when I was about 5, my step dad's ex wife dropped off their son unexpectedly. His name was Grell, and he was a year older than me. He had bright red hair like mine, and his eyes were a bright shade of green. We got along well two, but not as good as Jeff and I. 

A year later, at the age of 6, I was given the opportunity to follow one of my brothers' path. I could either go into the grim reaper society they held in London, or I could find a private teacher and become a serial killer like my brother. 

Normal humans cannot partake in either of these, unless their parents or grandparents were grim reapers or serial killers. I only learned at the age of 5 that both my parents were grim reapers, as well as my step dad. My step mom, however, was a serial killer, and that was how I was aloud to choose one or the other. Jeff had been able to have two choices as well, but he'd chosen to be a serial killer. Grell had no choice, because both his parents were grim reapers. 

A few days later, I was required to write an essay about my choice and why I chose it. I ended up choosing Serial Killer, to be with my brother, Jeff. 

And I suppose that's how this story begins. 

With a choice.