Mysterious Shadow ~ Nathan Sykes One-Shot

It was kinda cold out. I mean, the temperature itself wasn’t that low honesty, it was just that wind chill that was out. I tightened the jacket around me, hoping to create some type of heat to keep me warm. I was only a couple miles away from my house now. Maybe if my friend Allie didn’t ditch me at the club, then I would have a ride home. But no, she gets all drunk and I’m sitting there in the corner when she leaves, and now I’m left here alone, trying to walk home by myself in the middle of the night.

I was walking along when I saw a shadow on the ground.

“Maybe it’s Peter Pan.” I joked. I turned around to try to see who’s shadow it was, but I saw no one. In fact, there wasn’t anyone in a 5 mile radius of where I was.

I shrugged it off and approached a small alley. “Maybe it’ll be a shortcut.” I said to myself. Then, I took a step inside and made my way through the alley.

It was so dark out. Well at least in this alley it was. There were no like, street lights or anything. Almost pitch black darkness. I didn’t even know where I was going until I accidently bumped into a wall and then finally realized which way I should be heading.

Then, it happened.

I felt two strong arms grab me.

My first instinct was to scream. So, I did. At least, I tried. But eventually, one of the hands covered my mouth, so block out and stop any type of help from coming to me.

“Oh, look what we have here.” The person said. I didn’t recognize the voice at all. It was a deep, cold voice. Like that of like a 45 year old man.

I got so scared. I tried to scream, yell, say something, but all that came out were muffled noises.

He pushed me against the wall. Then I felt a sharp burn across my face.

That idiot slapped me.

I tried to fight back, but he held my arms back, so I couldn’t do anything.

“Nothing’s gonna help little girl.” The man said.

Then, he threw me on the ground. It hurt so bad. I just wanted to get up and run away, but I didn’t have the strength to.

The man came and hovered over me. “Alright now, let’s see how good you’re at it…” he reached down and tried to take my jacket off.

I flinged my arms up and tried to punch him, but I just couldn’t. I was a goner.

Then, once again, I saw that shadow. This time, I prayed that there was someone here. Even though I was laying on the ground, I tried to turn my head around and see who made the shadow.

My spirits sunk when I realized it was just a rat.

That cold hard hand striked my face again. “When I’m doing this, you better look at me girl!” he screamed.

“Not if I can help it.” A voice said. Then, out of nowhere, [another] two hands came out and this time, they grabbed the man. I saw the figure of a guy who was probably a couple inches taller than me. I couldn’t really recognize his face ‘cause it was so dark though.

The boy punched the man right in the face, and then in the stomach. The man tried to strike back, but the boy ducked.

I lay on the floor, motionless, as I heard the sounds of bashing and kicking and slapping. I couldn’t even fully lift my head up to see who was hitting who, but I hoped that the boy wasn’t getting hurt.

At one point I heard footsteps running [I don’t even know if that just made sense at all]. The footsteps got fainter and fainter.

Then at that moment, I felt yet another two hands grab me.