Chapter 1

*beep beep beep beep*

7:15. Ugh. Time for school. I wake myself up slowly and begin my morning routine which consists of doing my hair, make up, eating breakfast, and putting on my school uniform. Every day to school the girls were required to wear a black pleated skirt, a white button up t-shirt, and a red and black striped tie.

By 8:30 I was walking down the main corridor of Wells Area Academy, rushing toward my locker. I grabbed my books for my first three classes and head to home room where I met my friends whom I haven't seen for a good week or two.

After doing a bit of catching up with my girls, Becca, Karson, and Kaylee, we go to our seats.

"Did you hear we got a new teacher? He teaches English, PE, and monitors one of our study halls!" Becca half whispered across the aisle of desks to me. "His name's Mr. Tate."

Unenthused, I nod and wait for our home room teacher to arrive. Late as usual, Mrs. Meyers walks into the room beginning the role call.

After everyone on the list had been called out and had acknowledged that they were present, Mrs. Meyers passed out our class schedules.

My schedule read:
First- English
Second- Mathematics
Third- History
Lunch
Fourth- PE
Fifth- Study hall

I was pretty happy with my schedule seeing that Becca and I had all of the same classes. Maybe this year wasn't going to be so bad after all.

The bell for first period rang and Becca and I made our way down the corridor to the English room.

"I heard he's really sexy," Becca commented. I just rolled my eyes as this was typical of her. We got settled in and then waited for the arrival of the mysterious 'Mr. Tate'.

Suddenly the door opened and in walked the most gorgeous man I had ever seen. His brown luscious hair flowed messily in his face while his bright blue eyes peered out from behind his hair. His muscles rippled down his white dress shirt which clung to him showing off every ounce of hard work he'd put into that sexy body of his. His smile was radiant. God he is so so sexy..... But wait, what am I thinking?!? This is sooo twisted. He's like, 20 or something. I can't be thinking this.

My thoughts were interrupted with Becca's elbow to my ribcage and Mr. Tate looking at me. "He called your name."

"Oh, umm... Here. I'm Alexis. Yes. I'm here. " I blushed as I could almost imagine what he's thinking of me right now making a fool out of myself.

He finished the role call and gave out our first assignment, due by the end of class. We had to write a two page essay on what the English language was to us and how we felt about the class. I found myself drifting off in thought, looking at that handsome, handsome man. Oh how I want to just run my fingers through that sexy hair of his. Ugh he is making me crazy.

I jolted to reality when the shrill sound of the bell rang and Mr. Tate came around to collect the assignment. Shit. I hadn't even gotten the first paragraph done, let alone the whole essay! I was screwed. Luckily I was the last paper he collected so most of the students were out of the room when he arrived at my desk.

"Why isn't your essay finished, Miss Jones?"that sexy voice rang out. There I sat just dumbfounded with no explanation. I was speechless. "Miss Jones? You know, you're going to have to finish that essay today in detention, right?"

I pleaded, "Mr. Tate, no. I'm sorry I'll have it finished tomorrow!"

"You will finish it today. My office after school."