Prologue

-

"You must be fucking kidding me."

Christopher silently cursed under his breath as he waited in the driver's seat of a grey Ford owned by his best friend, Marcus who was making a drop in a warehouse. Christopher sighed, looking at the time on his phone before he looked up at the warehouse through the window.

"He was supposed to be out of there ten damn minutes ago," Chris mumbled. "I'mma go in. That's what I'mma do." The blonde haired twenty-one year-old nodded his head as he grabbed hold of a gun located under the driver's seat. In reality, he was inexperienced with situations like this. He had no idea what he was walking into but he felt the urge to go in and help his friend.

"I'mma go in like : AYE WHERE MARCUS AT? Then I'mma shoot that bitch up- nahh nah. That ain't it." Chris practiced what he would do when he walked into the warehouse. He pointed the gun in front of him, holding it at an angle, with his bottom lip tucked between his teeth. "Let Marcus go and nobody gets hur-"

"Nigga, the fuck you doing?" Marcus said as he threw a duffle bag in the back seat of the car. Chris jumped and placed the gun back under his seat before placing his hands on the wheel.

"I was JUST about to get your dumb ass. I thought they shot your ass up or something," Chris said shaking his head. Marcus sucked his teeth as he slid into the front seat of the car. He lit a cigarette and inhaled it, blowing the smoke out. "They knew better than to try some shit like that with me," Marcus laughed. Chris shrugged it off as he drove away from the warehouse that was carefully tucked away near the suburbs.

"I told you to stop smoking them shits around me. Light a blunt or something." Chris made a disgusted face as the smell of burning tobacco started getting to him.

"Man, shut ya ass up and drive," Marcus scoffed.

"Shit, I don't care how hard life get. I ain't smoking no damn cigarettes." Chris shook his head and thought about how he'd never turn to drug dealing either. He kept that thought to himself as he drove for the rest of the night in silence.

-

New story, guys. I have a tonnnn of confidence in this one. I'll be posting two preview chapters. The story will start to be gradually published ones Forbidden Fruit is completed! So save this to y'all libraries, this is gonna be a hit!