-1-

Shuichi heaved a sigh as he held his shaky fist up to the door. He was at his house, so why did he need to knock? He lived with his friends Kaito and Kokichi, but usually stayed at his now ex's house. Kaede has cheated on Shuichi with some guy named Rantaro, and Shuichi was fragile. Very fragile. The boy felt a tear fall as he lowered his fist slightly. Kokichi and Kaito has never seen him cry, he's pretty good at hiding it. He was scared they would judge and tease him, although the three were extremely close, Shuichi never told them about his depression or anything like that. He choked on a sob, trying to wipe away his tears. He knocked on the door, sniffling.

"I'll get it!!" a certain childish voice yelled from inside as footsteps came to the door. Kokichi opened it, "Oh! Heeeey, Saihara-chan~!" Kokichi said, smiling. Kaito popped up behind the shorter of the two, "Sup, bro!"

Shuichi's bottom lip trembled like the rest of his body as he just broke there, letting out a dog as tears fell. Kaito and Kokichi's looks instantly went from happy to worried, "Hey, what's wrong?" Kokichi asked, stepping closer to Shuichi. Shuichi let out a sad sail as he fell to his knees, Kaito and Kokichi doing the same and hugging him. Shuichi looked at the two and paused, before continuing to sob. Kaito rubbed circles into his back while Kokichi ran his hand through the detectives hair. The two knew how to calm him down, despite this happening so rarely. The boys managed to pick Saihara up and carry him to the couch.

"What happened?" Kokichi asked, sitting near the middle-height boy. Shuichi sniffled as Kaito sat next to Ouma, "K-k-k-ka-ede....sh-e...." Shuichi stuttered, beginning to cry again. "What did that bitch do?!" Kokichi yelled, getting pissed off now, "sh....she....ch...ch..." Kaito knew what was coming out of Shuichi's mouth, his eyes widening.

"She....cheated on you...?" Kaito questioned. Shuichi started crying again, and the two other males knew that was a yes. They hugged him again, doing what they did before. Shuichi was beginning to calm down. Kaito stood up and went to make some tea, while Kokichi continued holding onto the dark-haired boy. "th....thank y..ou..." Shuichi muttered. Kaito and Kokichi looked at him, both smiling, "Your welcome!" they both said. Kokichi turned on a movie called 'When we First Met', which was Shuichi's favorite movie. Kokichi went to get Shuichi's fluffy blanket. The said boy sat quietly on the couch as Kaito turned off the lights and brought Shuichi his tea.

"Th-Thank you, M-Momota...Y-you too, Ou-Ouma..." He smiled as Kokichi brought Shuichi his blanket. The boys sat on either side of the mid-height boy. Shuichi yawned like a cat, which made Kaito giggle, "Awww~!" Kokichi said, giggling as well. Shuichi's face went cherry red, which he hid in his blanket. "Ah-Shush!" Shuichi yelped, glaring at the two. As they continued, Shuichi fell asleep, leaning on Kaito. Kokichi leaned against Shuichi and chuckled, Kaito patting Shuichi's head.

"Let's go somewhere tomorrow." Kaito said. Kokichi looked at him and questioned, "Where should we go?" "Cat cafè. Keep it a secret, I wanna surprise Saihara." Kaito replied, smiling.

"Ooh! Exciting!!"

————————
word count: 562
i will continue my other fics soon, aighty?? This ship just needs more content and love,,