Chapter 1

He was 5 10" , dark skin, smart, with tattoos everywhere, with a nice smile and a nice body.
He was my pride and joy, my ride or die, and my Clyde. He was my first real love and he showed me the real and fake in life, but he was addicted to the streets. His name was Channing Jones aka Cj . Cj had it all until he moved out his dad's house and moved into the streets he had cars, phones, money he didn't have to work for, but after his mom died his dad started tripping. Cj had to be in the house at seven and had no freedom so he left, hell I would too if I was him.
Cj went to a private school before he dropped out but was well known around Hurst High School and he wasnt even attending there yet, mostly from being the fastest boy. Cj was a track star, he had two rings and it could have been three if he didn't quit but he said he was going to run for his senior year. He was also known as the biggest hoe. Cj done dated more people than I don't know what, he dated people from different schools and I was one. Cj had been in the streets for so long he thought nobody cared for him. Until one day he met me, Jordan Brook.

I was your average girl 5 8" Caramel athletic girl with no care in the world. I was a junior at Hurst High School.I was in every club and played just about every sport, and was a social bird. I was the only child and i lived with my mom in Trinity or as everyone would say the "big ass houses". I drove a red 2012 BMW with tinted windows. I only trusted my two friends Alexus and Dajah they were basically my sisters. I was a confused child and my mind was messed up after my dad left with no warning or say. He was the reason I didn't trust easy, the reason I stayed to myself and hid the pain, thinking that everyone would eventually do the same. He was the reason why I searched for love from a man. I had just got out my fourth relationship this year and wasn't looking for another one. Why couldn't I have a faithful boyfriend who didn't just wanted to have sex and be done. But it wasnt like i was going to let them hit and be done, i was still a virgin and wasnt in a rush to lose it, i was just looking for something special. My mother, Kym Brook was always busy I mean yes she took care of me and kept a roof over my head and I was thankful for that but at some point you have to sit down and talk to your child about their day and how there life is going ,But she's my mother and she's all I have. I walked back upstairs from eating breakfast that I cooked for myself (you see what I mean she's never here). I had to get ready for track practice so I put my hair up in a high ponytail with a ribbon and Headed out.

I was at the track working out with Dajah waiting on Alexus to come when we seen two cars pull up. Me and Dajah were looking like who could this be. So we moved till we could see up close. Then the doors opened and people started to get out. It was nobody but some of the track boys from school coming to practice and then I noticed was Cj. Me and Dajah were finna leave but then Alexus pulled up and refused to leave without getting one of there numbers. So while she did that I just sat back and watched that's when I met Cj.

"Hey lil mama what's yo name." I heard out of nowhere but when I looked over I noticed it was him.

"Why does it matter to you" I said with a stuck up attitude & my arms crossed.

"Why you acting like you don't wanna talk to me?" He responded with some bass in his
voice

"Because I don't" I responded coldly, rolling my eyes.

I thought he would've got the message by now & realized I didn't wanna be bothered with him and left but he didn't. I began to walk away because I was just wasting my time, energy, & breath by even responding to his bs. As I started to walk off I felt an arm grab me and turn me back around
"Can we start over from the beginning?" The guy who's wasting my time asked.

"Sure, I guess" I sighed harder than usual to let him know he was annoying me.

"Okay great, I'm Channing but everyone calls me-

I interrupted him "Yeah I know who you are, Cj. get to your point."

" Me & you should hook up sometime" he responded confidently like I was supposed to just jump in his arms and say yes.

"Your just like everybody else I see & plus I gave you a second chance to redeem yourself, bye Channing."

So then I went to go get Dajah and Alexus so we could go run bleachers. As soon as we started here goes Alexus.

"What happened? You get his number? Yall talk now?"

I answered all of her questions with an irritated voice, "Nothing happened. Hell No. And I would never!"

"Why? nothings wrong with him, you just stuck on Darius ass."

Then Dajah puts in her input "Hell yea, his good for nothing ass."

I try to ignore them but they steady go on, so I change the subject and ask, "Yall still going to the party tonight?"

"You know it everybody is going to be there, you still going?" they both said hype.

"I dont know yet, I dont have anything to wear." I said knowing they were going to talk me into going to the mall to get an outfit.

"Well lets go home and take a shower and then we can go to the mall" said Dajah.

"We can even go to Dillard's." Alexus said with a smirk.

"Yea I guess, and um Hell no! Don't try and be funny knowing that Darius there today." I said.

So as we kept running the bleachers Alexus tripped and fell. Dajah and Me bust out laughing and asking her is she ok.

After she got up she screams, "Im ready to go and that ain't funny with y'all ugly asses."

So after we left the track I went straight home took me a long shower got my money and left without even saying one thing to my mother. It ain't like she cared.

Pulling up in the mall parking lot I see Dajah and Alexus posted up on they car waiting on me.

"Dang what took you so long?" They both screamed

"Well I do stay the furthest, it takes time!" I said

So we started walking around in the mall and coming out of acadomy was the boys from earlier. I tried not to be noticed so I walked in Victoria secrets while Alexus and Dajah kept walking. I just started looking around looking at undewear and started picking up some to buy. As i walk towards the lotion to pick it up a hand met with mine and touched it. I looked to the side and it was him.

"Can i help you" with a smart rude voice

"No but you can help me" he said with a little smile to just show one of his dimples

i liked the way his dimples looked i dont even know why i was showing him a hard time, maybe i should just give him a chance what harm could there be i mean you cant go by what people say about him. So i said with a little smile "and how may i help you"

"he said by getting your name and number" he said. So i told him my name and took his phone out his hand and put my number in it and saved it.

Channing's POV

I was happy she was giving me a chance but now i just wanted to get to know her. "After you buy this you wanna walk around and talk and grab something to eat from the food court" i said with a sincere voice. "yea we can" she said smiling. Walking around we getting to now eachother a little but not just a lot its like she didnt want me to know her life story just her basics.

When we stared eating i noticed some random dude just looking so i asked did he lose something over here. He started blowing up on Jae and tried to grab and pull her, i pushed him off her and asked whats your problem. He just stormed off mad. I said mad " what the fuck was that all about lil mama" she just sat there in shock shacked with tears in her eyes. so i just held her and walked her to her car.

Jae's POV

I was so shocked and embarrassed i cant believe Darius just did that after everything he said about him not caring about me he did that in front of people. Omg i wonder what Cj is thinking now but that was sweet of him to help. I said "thank you for helping me in there" while giving him a big hug. He said no problem and started asking what that was about, so i told him and he understood all the way, i was happy he did because i didnt want to ruin this chance with him. I told him to call me later as i got in my car to leave.