Chapter 1.

My english isn't 100% perfect since Im from Sweden, but I hope it's not a problem :) Enjoy!

---|-/---

It was an unusually chilly night in Columbus, Ohio. The street lights lit up the empty streets with it's orange light. Not a living soul in sight. The snow fell quietly over the town, but melted as soon as it reached the ground. There remained only slush. But in the evening it was a fine slush. It hadn't had time to get dirty by the exhaust from the cars. A cold wind set the trees in motion, otherwise everything was still.

Yet suddenly, along the sidewalk, was a boy. Or maybe a man, it was impossible to know the age in the darkness. His face was obscured by the shadows, and he was hunched, as if he were cold, or unhappy. Maybe both. He didn't have many clothes, a pair of pretty ragged, torn jeans, and a regular sweater. The shoes seemed to have been around for a while. He walked slowly, didn't seem to be heading anywhere.

Suddenly he stopped. He looked up at the sky, at the stars. It looked as if he smiled at them. He dug in his pocket until he found a photo. He stood for a long time and studied it, then he looked at the stars again, dropped the photo on the wet ground and walked away.

The moment he let go of the photo, he also let go of all the memories of his history. The moment he let go of the photo, he became a new man.

---|-/---

Columbus, Monday, early morning

Sarah dragged herself out of bed, slammed the alarm clock so it fell to the floor, and dragged herself over to the mirror. Her black raven hair entangled itself, and her eyes were so tired that you would have to tape them up.

She rolled up the blind and looked out at the city, which was already awake.

Some people were on their way to work, others on their way home. Sara herself would take the subway three blocks, and then take a bus from there to the hospital where she worked.

Sarah was born in California, but her parents grew up in Columbus so when Sarah was 23 and had moved out, they moved back here. A couple of years later, Sarah got tired of living in a sauna so she moved up to Columbus aswell.

Somehow, Sarah felt that this city was her home. She had only lived in Columbus for a few weeks when she got a job as a therapist at Riverside Methodist Hospital, and allthough it wasn't the most well-paying job, she was happy.

She staggered between stressed-out people, herself stressed and late for the subway. But on her way there when she was too busy to see where she put her feet, her eyes caught something laying on the ground, beneath the snow. It was a photograph.

Sarah picked it up, brushed off the snow and a smile appeared on her face.

It was a picture of her old hero, Tyler Joseph.

My God, she thought. It's been so many years since they quit playing.

She put the photo in her pocket and hurried on.

She was filled with an internal excitement, there were still people out there who were hoping.

There was someone out there who, after five years of uncertainty, were still hoping they would come back and save the world.

If she only knew that the photograph on the ground meant that someone had just given up all hope of a reunion.