Day after

Gazelle's POV.

I woke up with a throbbing head ache, a burning stomach and a dry throat, the heavy arm around my waist didn't help and I felt like throwing up so I forcedly got off bed and went straight to the wash room to let it out, I lay there for about a few minutes before I managed to stand on my own. I opened the exhaust, lit up the scented candle to rid of the odor and even with my head killing me softly I took all my clothes out and jumped in the tub for a cold bath.

I scrubbed myself and stayed under the water for quite awhile until all my senses were awake and ready to face another day.

Upon finishing I brush my face with the palm of my hand and glanced at my clothes on the floor and realized I hadn't had anything to change with, not even a towel and I sure as hell don't wanna put on the same clothes that reeked of alcohol and what not.

I got off the shower area, slowly opened the door and took a peak of Cohen who was soundly asleep and to get to the walk in closet I had to pass by the bed he lay in and with taking a deep breathe I took the courage to run through the door as fast as I could till I got to the walk in closet and to my surprise my clothes were all neatly arranged, I quickly searched for undergarments and grabbed the first I could which was a short and paired it with a shirt I found on top of the piled ones, it was a plain one and I knew by the size it was Cohens but I didn't bother to change.

I walk out slowly still barefoot and placed the used clothes on the hamper and went back out to find Cohen still fast asleep.

I found my way to the kitchen only to find Darwin already leaving a pile of folders which means work for Cohen, it's been his way of being responsible despite not showing up in the office for a couple of days.

"Hello there Mrs. Soffer." He greets and that somehow gave me a smile. How wonderful it is to be addressed that way.

"Good morning Darwin."

He looked at me a bit confused which I ignored.

For some reason despite the hung over I was quite happy. He leaves the pile of folders double checking if he took all he needed to.

"I was told to inform you that your parents and in laws are taking Xia till tomorrow for a camping trip outside the city, they'll be back tomorrow evening and they tried to call you both but unfortunately none of you picked up. I believe the little angel left a voicemail."

I was suddenly guilty of how I haven't been attentive lately and scoured through the mini bar to search for my phone or Cohens but then I recalled we both left it in the car last night.

"Miss Gazelle, I'll need to get going, is there anything else I can do for you?"

"No thank you Darwin, take care." I said still in search of the car keys.

Only then did I realize the mess we made last night with the bottles and the music still playing, the lights switched on and the time was already 12PM. I was a bit of shocked to have known that and quickly grabbed the keys when I found it.

I open the door and saw both our phones just in time  Cohens mom was calling his mobile and I immediately picked up.

"Hi ma, I'm so sorry we hadn't been picking up." Was the first words I came up with a little bit of shame.

"Oh darling it's fine, we just wanted to get in touch with you to tell you we are enjoying our trip with your parents and that Xia is okay, we got a nurse for her to make sure she's well enough and that you both don't have anything to worry about."

I was a bit relieved of knowing Xia was with a nurse and I can hear her giggling from the background.

"Ohh that's really nice of you guys, thank you."