Slave to Him

Okay this is my world and this is also chapter one. I promised my BVF which means my Best Vampire Friend I will only make it about me. Not a false person somewhere in the world having paradise. My name is Lyle and no, I'm not a boy.

When everyone hears my name they think of boy, probably because my mom wants a son so badly she pretended I was a boy when I was a baby. Eventually I grew up and became a rock star... Okay I didn't, my life is this. I was sitting against the wall in shackles being bored to death, no one ever wanted me.

Well I got here because of my mom, different story. In my world there are only three species which are animals you know dogs, cats and stuff. You can by them at your local PetSmart or pet shop. Humans which means me and other slaves that are here because Vampires ruled the world.

There are only a hundred humans on Earth, none of them free. You might think this is a cool life and you are going to get own by a vampire. We cam only choose to go to a boy or girl, I can't. I'm a mute and I have no voice.

I been mute ever since my mom traded me for a pig. Yes people, I was traded for a big, fat, rotten and pretty ugly pig. The one that rolls all over the mud and oink. I think a lot though and never forget things from that point on.

Like everyone thinks the vampires come during the day and sleep at night. That's false. I watched as the vampires yawned during the day and never come at night unless it's a special order. The vampires are always pale, black hair and red eyes.

They do come in that coluor most often but they also come in pale, brown hair and red eyes. But at night I sneak away and get food then quickly run back here... Not true but I wish it was. Every human thinks I'm a vampire because of a few things.

Not true, I'm human. I have dark brown eyes that reminds everyone of dirt, honey blonde hair, light almond skin and I am around seventeen years old. Instead of talking I try communicating by actions. I remember a saying I once saw on the poster around here.

"Actions speak louder than words." That's it, right there. But I'm not very social at all though. Heck, when was the last time I smiled?

Oh yeah, about fourteen years ago. I'm pretty clever than the other humans. None of us ever went to school, it's only for vampires. I learned everything I need to know and more by observing and experimenting.

None of us do that anymore. The sky was gray, no rain yet and no clouds. Of course the clouds are above us and they are covering above us. I counted to a minute and it precipitated.

I opened my mouth and the others started doing it. Fresh water from the ocean, lake or river. It's delicious, right guys? They didn't respond which I am glad about it.

The bell rang and I quickly stopped as well as the others. He began at the front of the line which is an African American, afro hair and was as skinny as a rail. I was only five people away, my stomach clench every time this happens. I closed my eyes and laid against the wall.

Please let me get bought today God. I know I don't want to live this kind of life but if I don't get bought, I'm dead. Can you please talk to me? Why did you even create vampires?

I sighed even though it was soundless. Time went by quickly and I was so nervous when it was my turn. The guy pulled me by the hair and it hurt. "Ah, our longest one here boys."

They all laughed like it was a joke. "Okay before you place your bid please note she can't talk. I don't even know how she lives without a voice. Starting at five thousand and if she isn't sold, she's dead meat."

I'm standing here thinking on how they are going to kill me. Probably hanging me upside down and cut my head off so they can get the blood. I looked at the crowd and no one raised their paddle, a few milliseconds go by and someone raised their paddle. My stomach twisted at the thought of who he might look like.