Jenna Torpio

I scurried to my next class, a huge stack of books in my hand. Well, I guess I should introduce myself. Hi! I'm Jenna, your average unpopular nerd. My best friend Mari is actually quite popular. My other best friend, Percy Jackson, well... he's a whole different story. Here at Goode, he's practically a king. Even the football jocks envy him. I was lucky enough to drop my books, a total accident, on the first day, and Percy, being the sweetheart that he his, stopped and helped me gather my things. Ever since we've been good friends... although I can't say I've never wanted to be something more. Apparently, he has some girlfriend in California. Well, at least that's the excuse he uses with the popular girls who throw themselves at him every. Single. Day. But, being his best friend and all, I can tell he's just saving himself for the right one... hopefully that's me. Well anyways, got to get to class if I want to keep the perfect attendance and straight a's!
Later at lunch, I sat in our usual spot eating a... well, a soggy turkey sandwich. I couldn't help gagging a few times, causing Mari and Percy to laugh. "So," I asked nonchalantly. "Are you two free for a movie on Saturday?" By two, I meant one. And by one, I meant Percy. Mari knows how much I like Percy, so she's trying to help me out. Are plan was going great so far. "Yeah that sounds cool," Percy says. I stop myself from squealing. All was going according to plan. "Sorry guys. I can't. I have to... help my brother with a project," she lies, stealing a quick wink at me. I frown, trying to seem disappointed. "Oh, okay. Well then, I guess it's just you and me Percy!" I say, trying to contain my excitement. Suddenly, Percy face palms himself. "Oh no! I totally forgot I'm having someone come and see me on Saturday!" He moans. I frown for real this time. "Well... he or she could come with us," I suggest, shrugging my shoulders. As long as I get to spend time with my Percy, I'll be happy. "That sound great!" He said. I smiled at him and then the bell rang. I couldn't wait for Saturday!

•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•

Saturday afternoon, I was practically bouncing up and down. I had put on my favorite pair of jeans with a plain white tee shirt. I was also wearing my favorite cardigan over my shirt because over the weather outside. Finally, my brown UGG boots to complete the fall look. I braided my hair, grabbed my bag, and rushed downstairs after hearing the doorbell ring. I smiled at Percy when I opened the front door. He smiled back and I melted right there and then. I followed him out to his car, only to freeze in surprise. A sky blue Ferrari (Author's Note: I don't know much about cars so please don't judge!) that you could tell was extremely expensive just by looking at it was sitting in my driveway. Percy turned around and could probably sense my shock. He chuckled. "A gift from my dad," he explained. I nodded, but I didn't really understand at all. How could his dad afford something like this? I kept my comments to myself as we walked towards the car. I remembered that there was already someone in the car, so I slid into the backseat. The inside of the car was even more luxurious than the outside! I glanced into the mirror to see a gorgeous blond girl sitting in the front seat. She was perfectly tan and looked like a goddess. I gulped. Please let this be his cousin, I thought. Percy started the car and slowly pulled out of my driveway. "Sooo," Percy started awkwardly. "Jenna, this is Annabeth. Annabeth, Jenna." Annabeth and I said hello to each other, but didn't try to engage in conversation. We were all silent the entire ride there. When we arrived, I fluffed up my hair and fixed my cardigan. Can't look like a pig in front of Percy now, can we? Well it's movie time!

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

   I huffed on my way out of the theater. All throughout the movie, Percy and Annabelle, or whatever her name was, we're whispering and laughing with each other. If I didn't know any better, I would think that she's trying to steal Percy away from me! We were outside discussing the movie when I decided to take matters into my hands. "Hey Percy, can I talk to you for a second? Alone?" He nodded and followed me. I turned around and smirked at Annabelle, but she was looking the other way. I led Percy behind a bush on the other side of the street. "So what did yo-" I cut him off by smashing my lips against his. Mari would be so proud! I was in a daze, when Percy suddenly shoved me away. "What?" I asked. Did I do something wrong? Uh oh. "Umm... Jenna I... I have a girlfriend... she's... she's right over there..." he points over to Annabelle. My face pales. "I... uh... I understand.." I say, but I don't. How could he be with someone like her? I bet she's just another dumb blonde (no offense to blondes... my friend is blonde and she is in honor roll) from California. Percy will be back for me. And I will be back. And stupid little Annabelle will rue the day she stole my Percy Jackson from me!

Hey guys! This was my first person that Percabeth met! What do you think? I know I'm a horrible writer but ya know. Okay then. Byeeee!
✌🏻 out