Chapter One

I had no idea what awaited me. I had no idea how much trouble it would give me but I also had no idea how much love it would give me.

You're probably wondering what I'm talking about. Well, I'll tell you but first let me intoduce myself.

I am Lyndsey Gunnulfsen. I am 24 years old and I am a famous criminal. A thief to be exact.

It all started when I met Alex, Brian and Justin just a few years ago when I was 18. We were all the same age and we went to the same school. It was our last year in that hellhole.

We decided to start a band when we got out of highschool and we eventually did. That didn't turn out that well and we all drifted apart a little when we graduated.

After one year we ran into each other and started talking again.

Justin was a tour drummer and Brian and Alex were supposedly thiefs. When they first told me I thought they were joking and just laughed but when I saw that their faces stayed serious I stopped. They weren't joking at all.

They told Justin and I a lot more about what they did and the money they made.

We were all still so young and dumb so when Alex and Brian asked Justin and I to join them, we did. Biggest mistake ever.

Two weeks later I got a call from Brian. He told me that he and Alex made a plan to rob a little bank in the city.

I was hesitant at first but when they told me how much money I could get from doing the job I was immediately convinced.

Justin and I immediately drove over to Alex' place and started looking at the plan. Alex and Brian told us what we had to do and how everything was going to work.

When the whole plan was done and we all knew what to do, we had to get some weapons.

Brian and Alex were doing this for a while already so they found a good way to get weapons illegally.

We went to two guys named Tyler and Josh. They sold the weapons for less money than they actually cost.

We all bought our guns and some knives for when our ammo ran out.

Everything was planned. We just had to get into Brians van, drive over to the bank and rob it.

That would be easy right? Or so I thought.

When we arrived at the bank, we saw that there were several cars scattered around it. We were so stupid to do the robbery in full daylight.

We went to the back of the bank and knocked out the security guard that was securing the back door.

There was an alarm on the door and on the safes in the bank but luckily Justin knew how to hack and in a few seconds the alarm was shut off completely. Or so we thought.

We went inside and we immediately put our masks on, getting our weapons ready. We walking into the bank and Brian shot at the ceiling to get everyones attention.

Some people screamed and some people fell to the ground in fear. Brian yelled at them to stay quiet and to not try anything or we would shoot them right away.

I had never used a gun before and it was probably so stupid that we didn't practice before we did this. You could tell we weren't the brightest kids.

Anyways, we pulled all the people who worked at the bank out of their booths and lined them up. Alex and I had to watch them and made sure they didn't call the police or escaped.

In the meantime Brian and Justin were already at the safe. Justin tried to hack it but failed and the alarms went off.

Fuck. That's what I thought when I heard the alarms. They terrified me in that very moment. I was on the edge of running away or completely breaking down.

Alex brought me back to reality by yelling at me and shaking my shoulders. I was still panicking but he told me to watch the people.

I couldn't do it. I had to leave them behind.

So then I did the mos stupid thing. But I mean THE MOST STUPID THING I HAD EVER DONE (except for robbing a bank).

I ran out. Back out the back door and onto the street where I was surrounded by cops.

I immediately started crying and fell to my knees on the ground.

The officers pointed their guns at me and picked me up again, searching me for any weapons. They found the guns and the knives. They pulled off the mask, revealing who I was.

That's when I saw my dad. He was a police officer at that time.

I will always remember his shoked face when he saw me with the mask and the guns, robbing a bank. That's when he completely lost his trust in me. He never talked to me after that.

Two other cops put me in the back of their vehicle. I heard another officer say that 'the other suspects were gone'.

I was happy the guys got away but I was probably going to prison.

My dad sat in the drivers seat, just staring in front of him. He asked me why I did it.

I couldn't answer him. Did I do it because my friends did? Did I do it because I needed the money? Why did I do it?

I didn't know the answer to that. I just didn't think about what could happen if we were caught.

So, I stayed silent. My dad sighed.

I was going to prison for two years and I couldn't do anything about it.

Hey guys! His was more of an introduction chapter. I'm probably not going to publish more chapters until this story gets noticed a little. I might change my mind tho, who knows? Thank you for reading this already and I hope you enjoyed.

~Kvrstvn