You need help Spencer Reid

It's been a few weeks since Reid has returned  to the BAU from the hospital. He has almost completely recovered physically, but his mental health is another story. Every night he's tormented by vivid nightmares, memories being relived over and over. Tonight is no exception. The only difference is that instead of waking up in a cold sweat all alone in his own bed he's woken up by one of his partners from the behavioral analysis unit while laying on a couch in Quantico.
Emily shakes Reid awake. "Reid! Reid! Are you okay? You were screaming. What's wrong?" She calls, clearly panicked. Reid sits up suddenly, a lock of his curly brown hair falling over his face. "I-It's fine Emily. Just the, the nightmares." Reid stutters as he swings his legs over to sit up on the couch and runs his hands through his hair.
"What nightmares?" Emily asks before taking a seat next to him and laying her hand over his. "Spencer, what's wrong?" She continues, this time with a gentle almost maternal demeanor. Reid sighs. "Sorry. I was trying not to worry the team." He says shaking his head. "I've been having nightmares about the incident with Tobias for almost a month now. Every night when I close my eyes it's all I can see." He continues, looking down at his knees.
After the moment of shock wears off Emily squeezes Reid's hand tightly causing him to look up at her. The two make eye contact and silent tears begin to role down Reid's cheeks. "Emily it was awful. And I have to relive it every night. I don't know how much more of this I can take." Reid sniffles and Emily wraps him in a hug. "It's okay." She says rubbing the back of his head while he presses it into her shoulder. "You went through a lot. No one expects you be completely fine after something like that. You don't have to hide your struggle from us. We're here for you no matter what. You have to remember that." She says before pulling away and looking into Reid's eyes once more.
Reid smiles. "Thanks Emily. I think I'm going to try to sleep again. I'm really tired." He replies. "Okay. Let me know if you need anything. We can talk about this more in the morning if you'd like." Emily replies. Reid lays back down and closes his eyes. "I think I'd like that." He says before drifting off to a thankfully dreamless sleep.
Emily walks back to her spot on the couch adjacent to Reid and lays down. After spending about fifteen minutes staring up at the ceiling she drifts off to sleep as well.
Reid wakes up to the quiet murmur of the team going over new details of the case they were working -the reason they had spent the night at the bureau.
Reid sits up and everyone turns to face him. "Hey my man. Good morning." Morgan says offering him a hand to stand up. "H-Hey." Spencer replies. "Why didn't you guys wake me up?" He asks. The whole team looks at Emily and shifts uncomfortably. "Reid." Emily starts. "I told them about how you've been having trouble sleeping." She continues.
Reid's cheeks blush and he looks around the room analyzing everyone's face. Hotch and Gideon are sharing a look that almost says indifference but with a hint of concern. Meanwhile everyone else is showing a range of emotions from fear to sadness. Suddenly Reid's gaze shifts back to Emily. He looks hurt. "How- How could you tell them? I don't need their pity. I'm fine." He states almost shouting.
Reid shakes his head violently and with one last glance around the room leaves. He could care less about the case, he just needed to get out of there.
"I can't believe she would tell everyone without asking like that." Reid thinks to himself. He takes a seat in the file room and spins his chair around in circles, unsure of what else to do.
As the anger leaves Reid's body and his head begins to cool off an invasive thought prods at his brain. "They're just worried Spencer. They only want what's best for you." Reid groans because he knows he over reacted. He stands up and attempts to take a few steps forward only to swerve off to the right, directly into a rack of files. He falls to the ground taking the files down with him, a loud thud follows.
Within seconds the entire team is standing at the entrance to the file room looking down at a disheveled Spencer Reid covered in a mountain of paper. Garcia approaches first and crouches down next to him. "Are you okay?" She asks, clearly concerned. Reid looks at her and smiles weakly. "Yeah, I was just dizzy from spinning on the chair." He says, pointing to it over his shoulder with his thumb.
Garcia wraps her arms tightly around Reid's fragile frame. "You know she only told us so we could help you. We all want what's best for you Reid." She says, leaving a gentle kiss on his forehead.
"You know." Spencer says with a subtle smirk. "The origin of kissing someone on the forehead comes from when a mother would check her child's temperature to see if they were sick." He continues. Wide grins spread across the faces of everyone on the team. "That's our Spencer Reid." Morgan chuckles.
Garcia helps Reid stand up and Emily takes a step forward. For a moment the air stiffens and feels almost stale. Reid makes painfully long eye contact with Emily before sighing and opening his arm. "I forgive you Emily. I know you had good intentions." He says. Emily leans in and accepts the hug. "Thank you Spencer." She responds.
After everyone leaves the file room they begin to head back to the office to brief Reid on the latest facts of the case. Morgan, however; stays  behind and grabs Reid's arm. "Hey, Reid. I need to make sure you're okay man." He says, almost like he was asking a question. Spencer turns around looks Morgan in the eyes for a split second before dodging his view down to the floor. "I think I'll be fine." He replies. Morgan nods. "Just a thought, but maybe you should consider talking to a therapist about this." He concludes. Reid's eyebrows draw together and his mouth scrunches up. "Maybe." He murmurs, more to himself than anyone.
Morgan smiles gently and makes his way back to the office, while Reid following close behind.

-
-
Okay, so that was the first chapter. I know nothing really "happened" but hold your horses. Good things come to those who read the plot too.