1 .

It was Summer of 2011, I remember because it was the year I graduated high school. Me and my bestfriend were on our way back to Miami to move in our new condo since we would be starting college in August at FIU. We both got accepted in the nursing program and planned on living together until we graduated.  Isabella "Bella" Merci Rodriguez, 20 y/o, caramel complexion, natural long curly hair and a body shaped like a goddess, a nigga would kill somebody over. My mama is Puerto Rican and my daddy is Black, hints to the hair. I was always the oldest one out of all my friends because I moved to the US when I was 12 and they put me in a lower grade since Puerto Rico's school systems were different. I know you're probably wondering what my daddy's black ass was doing in Puerto Rico. He first saw my mama in the US while boarding a flight home and he knew from that day he saw her she would be his wife. He followed her back to Puerto Rico and made his move. The man learned Spanish in a week from a guy on the street corner just to be able to talk to her and get her attention. Long story short he married my mama, lived in Puerto Rico doing business with her father, my granddaddy, for 13 years before moving to Tallahassee, FL. I don't know why we moved to this country ass city, my daddy is from Miami. Needless to say I was glad to be getting out of Tally.

"Deja slow the fuck down we ain't in no race bitch!" Deja is my bestfriend from middle school. If you saw me, you saw her. We met in the 6th grade and have been inseparable ever since. Everyone always thought we were sisters because of our hair and complexion. She was younger than me, she just turned 18 before we graduated high school. Everyone always thought she was the oldest though because of the way she carried herself.

"Girl I'm ready to get out this damn car I've been driving for 7 hours while yo ass was knocked out!"

We were just getting into Dade county and I flipped the mirror down to check my makeup. My face was still beat from this morning. I put my Fenty lipgloss on and blew a kiss at myself in the mirror. I grabbed my phone and texted Kyianna...

Me: We just touched down bitch! Meet us at Wet Willies for drinks in a hour!
Kyi: Bet! Make sure y'all have ya ID's ;)

Kyianna was my older cousin on my daddy's side, she was 25. When I found out we were moving to Miami I had to let her know! She was from there and I knew she would show us where the action was at. Kyi was a dancer at a few different clubs in Miami. She had a big stupid ass house by the beach and had 3 cars of her own. Her husband, Carter, was a well known criminal defense lawyer in Miami and he made hella money. I always wondered why she still danced when her husband was rich. I know that has to make him feel some type of way. She wasn't just one of those average dancers though. She didn't have to go in the back and buss it open to get a check. Her skills were incredible! She has this signature dance she does where she climbs up a 75 foot pole and drops down, non stop, and lands in a split. Her videos drew so much attention on social media her followers on Instagram went over 1M! She recently opened her own dance studio that focused on pole fitness. She promised to teach me and Deja some moves when we got to Miami.

We pulled up to our new spot, it was just after 5. We found this nice ass condo in Brickell. I loved the area because the bridge to South Beach was right around the corner. The condo was a 2 bed 2.5 bath on the 27th floor. My daddy made sure we had top of the line everything. The condo building had everything in it! A rooftop bar/restaurant, valet parking, resort style pool, 24 hr gym and also it came with a personal chef! We stepped out of Deja's all white 2012 BMW 650i convertible. Her parents had just bought it for her as a graduation gift. All eyes were on us as the valet boy's ran up to us to grab our bags and get the keys.

"Deja Monroe. Apt 2718." Deja was talking to the valet boy to check her car in. We had a couple of our things in the car we drove down with but our parents had all of our stuff moved down last week and hired a interior designer to decorate the inside. The elevator dinged as we go to the 27th floor. I walked around the corner and opened our door. When I walked in everything was perfect just how I imagined! The living room was all white with black accents. Marble floors throughout the entire house. The kitchen was huge! Even though I didn't cook, I told myself I will definitely make a point that I do while we lived here. I went to the hallway and found my room. It was a master bedroom with a private bathroom and oversized walk in closet. My room was very simple how I liked it and had animal prints in the decor. I loved the theme. There was a huge gold lion statue sitting by my balcony glass door. I walked outside and the view was breathtaking. The balcony wrapped around to the living room and then Deja's room. I opened the sliding glass door to Deja's room and her room was so nice! Everything was red, her favorite color. She had a master bedroom just like mine, just on the opposite side of the house.

I jumped on her bed, "Girl we are really living!" She grabbed my ass as she jumped on the bed next to me, "I know Bae! Now get your fat ass out my bed and get dressed! You told Kyi we was meeting her for drinks in a hour."

I jumped up and went to find something to wear. I put on a black off the shoulder fitted dress and my black Giuseppe heels. We were in the elevator and Deja snapped a picture of me.

 We were in the elevator and Deja snapped a picture of me