:Chapter 4: Edited

:Chapter 4:

        He turned towards me, a little annoyed since we haven’t exactly gotten along since we met.

        “Who are you?” I asked.

        “I’m the Doctor.”

        “Doctor…” I started, “how come those things exist?”

        “Same way you do, they were made,” he shrugged as if it was obvious.

        “I know, but how? I mean… they only exist in my dreams, I’ve never seen them before in real life, but I have in my dreams,” I explained to him.

        “Dreams? You’ve seen Cybermen in your dreams?” he asked, suddenly very interested in what I had to say.

        “Yes, and I fought them and beat them in my dreams, accept… I’m not me in the dreams. I’m someone else, this… Time Lady. And people call me Artemis, but I don’t say my real name. Sorry, you must think I’m crazy,” I blushed brightly.

        “No, go on, tell me more about these dreams,” he starred at me intensely.

        “Well, as Artemis, I travel in time and space with this spaceship called a TARDIS and I meet aliens and some aren’t always nice. They call me Artemis, because I’m very good at tracking people down. I’m the last Time Lady from this planet called Gallifrey and that’s pretty much it.”

        His stare was intimidating me greatly as a long silence grew. Though he was extremely intrigued about what I just said, I knew he thought I was a loony. He looked into his inner jacket pocket and pulled something out and placed it in my hand.

        “Des this mean anything to you?” he asked as I stared down at the fob watch covered in intricate circles and symbols.

        “Yes, I have one exactly like this in my room somewhere,” I answered.

        And then he started jumping up and down like an excited child, cheering happily as he smiled ear to ear. He looked impossibly joyful and something about the look on his face made me smile a little too. Though I still thought he was crazy.

        “Oooh! This is such good news! Jayden, you are amazing! More amazing than you know!” he said, placing two hands on my shoulders and staring me right in the eyes. “You have to take me to your room,” he adding, almost jumping in place.

____________________________________________________

        I didn’t know why, but for some reason, I brought him home with me. Maybe it was stupid bringing a complete stranger – not to mention one that was flat out mad – back to my apartment, but I felt a certain need to cling onto him, like he was the key to something, to my dreams. I unlocked the door and leaded him up. In the apartment, Gretchen was on the computer finishing up an essay for her philosophy class in college.

        “Hey,” she greeted me and looked over at the Doctor, “Who’s he?”

        “Gretchen, this is the Doctor. Doctor, this is Gretchen,” I said quickly. “Would you like some tea?” I offered to my guest.

        “Sure,” he smiled happily. He was in such a good mood, it was almost infectious.

        Gretchen looked at him confused as he sat down on the couch and placed on feet on the coffee table. I left to the kitchen and she followed me.

        “Who the Hell is he, Jay?” she asked quietly so he didn’t hear.

        “Just some bloke I met,” I shrugged.

        “He seems a little… odd don’t you think?”

        “Yes he is weird. Very weird even, but listen,” I said, leaning towards her and lowering my voice more, “I think he might have something to do with my dreams. It’s crazy I know… but today, I saw one of the many aliens from my dreams. The Cybermen to be more exact. And he knew them! He stopped them!” I explained.

        “What? You know those are dreams, not reality,” she replied.

        “You’re the one who suggested I get help, he’s my help, Gretchen. I told him about my dreams and he seems to know what it’s all about.”

        Gretchen suddenly looked nervous and bothered, looking for the words to say.

        “Jayden, where’s that watch of yours?” I heard the Doctor call from the other room.