Hi, It's Me

Who is "me"? Well, that's a question that would take a while to answer, frankly-- am I the personality in my mind, or my body, or the sum of my memories? How would I know for certain? It's an interesting line of thought, probably one I'll pick up later. For now, I feel it's important that you're aware of the viewpoint you're reading, so here is the "me" you'll be traveling alongside should you choose to read this.

-- I'm young. I won't say my age (Internet! Stranger danger!) but suffice it to say that the scope of my experiences likely hasn't reached the same level as some readers. That said, I don't think my lack of direct experience will necessarily keep me from speaking intelligently on some subjects, and if it does, I'll shut up.

-- I have neither a psychology degree nor a philosophy degree, but those are probably the two subjects I'll cover most, just because I enjoy thinking about them. 

--  I do research. Prepare for science!

-- I'm trying to keep my political leanings away from this, since they haven't much to do with the subjects I cover, but I make no promises on religious leanings. Those will probably feature a little more heavily because it's also a subject I think about a lot.

-- I'm trying to stimulate some thought here, for you and for me. Naturally, if I don't accomplish that on my end, the part doesn't get published. But I hope it works on your end as well.

-- I am probably writing these at late hours, which is why they might get more... erratic... than my usual work. Also, my usual work is grimdark fantasy, so they're not going to be the same anyway.

-- What's interesting to me (memory, love, religion, history, the criminal justice system, ethical and ideological debate) might not be interesting to you; nevertheless, I'm going to write these because I enjoy it and I can look back on it later to either expand on it or ruthlessly mock my younger self.

I should mention that there may be some topics in here that go a bit beyond PG, especially because I'm... a little bit cynical and immediately ask myself how people will use ___ for nefarious purposes. In seriousness, though, there will be mention of war and murderers and mental disorders, and if that's something that bothers you, perhaps don't continue. 

All that said, please enjoy these philosophical ramblings-- hopefully, it'll inspire some thought in you just as it did for me.