The Starlet and the Dealer

Title: The Starlet and the Dealer 

Summary: A lovelorn loner drug-dealer, unexpectedly falls for an outspoken and troubled, fallen starlet who harbors a painful secret. An ill-fated production of Grease is the backdrop in this comforting drama. ZoeZig

Rating: T/PG-13 For frequent drinking and drug use, language, frank discussions about sex and some violence just to be safe. There's some casting couch talk as well, in the second chapter, if you are sensitive to that it's best you don't read the last paragraph. He becomes somewhat of a huge conflict in the central story. 

Pairings: Mentions of Maya and Zig by Zig, Miles and Maya, and Zoe and Zig 

A note: This fanfiction is for all intents and purposes a season 13 au set, not long after Maya and Zoe's Facerange/song fued. The fanfiction is centered around Zig and Zoe but also other characters are involved. Let's just say Maya and Zoe they aren't friends. Paris happened and the music video and such but nothing after that. Zig and Zoe are aquainted because of the pills she bought from Zig for Drew and the dance. 

Disclaimer: I do not own Degrassi, nor do I own its characters. I own the shirt on my back, and storyline. 

. . . 

Chapter One - Persona non Grata 

Zoe Rivas, child-starlet was the epitome of popular with teenaged girls. She was just sixteen herself.

Piles and piles of both open and unopened letters handwritten and typed come from girls all over, some in English some in other languages that only a translator could read litter her bedroom. If the girls knew her day to day life they likely wouldn't have had such nice things to say. Honestly, they would have probably of text messaged and tweeted their thoughts or anonymously hurl threats from a computer screen. That is if they even knew how to use a computer.

The older lot knew better, they knew the rumor mill it's the way it is though, that's what everyone says. Seasoned fans, ones who have been watching since the shows inception. Her mother always tells her not to gripe about it. She pushes it as far back into her mind as possible. "Not everyone is going to love you, babe. You're an acquired taste."

Boys weren't prevalent in Zoe's life; most of her waking hours was on set or in tutoring. In character she had the boys, the glamorous life. By night she had little to no one. She had a few boys look her way but when it came to the girl who had everything, every Barbie and anything she could want materialistically it didn't affect her when others girls began to dislike her. Loneliness was sort of this longtime friend because her friendships with her peers rarely lasted. She made friends with adults but they were always preoccupied. She found their lives much more interesting and besides she was a lot more comfortable around people older as opposed to people younger or her own age. She became severely attached to Westdrive and the life it granted her. It only further acted to mask the truth, that Zoe was never her own person and no one knew the real person inside of her.

The bravery of her persona was something that redeemed her from what a rotten person that the people in her personal life knew her or alleged her to be.

Her posters graced and plastered bedroom walls of an adoring legion of fans. Her soft porcelain face graced teen magazines, heralded for her true to life portrayal of a world she didn't know but only pretended to know. That there, that fact was something that differed with her and her character that she hadn't the slightest clue what a real high school was like. She deeply believed it was just like her character and the world she lived in. She always preferred cushy Gatsby Garcia's life instead of her lonely world she hates more than anything. She relished being top dog on campus. She had no problem tearing down her peers like a defense mechanism.