Chapter 1

(I really need a cover for this story!!!! Please help me!!!! You should know what I'm looking for by the time you finish reading. Please vote and comment!!! If someone makes me a cover, I will dedicate!!!!)

Dedicated to Maxx12345 for the wonderful cover! I really love it! Thank u very much!

"It's ok mom." I said as she wiped the blood from my forehead. I winced when she hit the gash. "It will heal in no time." That's a true statement; by tomorrow you won't be able to see anything but a scar. All werewolves have advanced healing, as well as hearing, sight and sense of smell. Well almost all werewolves, I didn't get so lucky. What I have can't be healed by anything but a miracle.

"It's not ok, Devlin!" She shouted. "What kind of animals does something like this to a person in your condition?" She held her face in her hands and sobbed. Obviously our kind of animals, I thought to myself.

"Melissa, the boy needs to learn how to defend himself," My dad said from the doorway. "When he gets tired of being bullied, he'll stand up for himself." My mom flung the rag she had been using to clean me up at my dad.

"He's in a wheelchair you idiot!" She shouted angrily at him. "How do you expect him to defend himself?!" My dad flinched from her tone and removed himself from the room. He's such a hard ass. He expects me to be able to just shift and attack. You can't really do much if your legs don't work.

When my pack mates attack me, I can't do anything but cover my head. From the gash on my head, you can see that that defense mechanism isn't very effective. They've done a lot worse than what happened today. I've been cut, burned, and hit. Since my body is weaker than every other wolf, I keep the scars that remind me of what they've done.

I was born with Spina Bifida. I don't even know what it feels like to walk. Normally I don't think about it, it's just days like today that bring me down. "Now tell me what happened again." Mom demanded. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"I was coming back from the store down the street, some pushed my chair off the curb and I hit my head, end of story." I said with agitation. She crossed her arm and stared at me with light grey eyes.

"Who was it Devlin?" She asked demandingly. I shrugged my shoulders. I know who it was; it's the same people as always. I'm not going to tell her that though. She'll just go running to our Alpha and I don't need that.

"I don't know who it was mom." I said. She growled at me lowly.

"Don't you lie to me Devlin Mitchell Parker." She replied with a stern voice. I sighed to myself.

"Stop worrying so much." I said. "I'm seventeen; I can't take care of myself." She gave me a sad look.

"We need to find your mate," She said. "You need someone to be with you. I know you're not happy son, I can see it in your eyes." I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Mom, we've been through this," I whispered. "No girl is going to want anyone like me. I can't even defend myself, how am I going to defend her?" She didn't say anything. "I don't need anyone else feeling sorry for me. I have enough people giving me pity looks already." I backed my chair out from in front of her and rolled out of the room.