Prologue: Is She Really Mine?

I sighed as I sat down on the park bench. The sun was setting and I was wondered How long I had been waiting, she was supposed to be here a long time ago. This was the third time.

I closed my eyes for a few seconds, then yawned. I was so tired I didn't even realized she had snuck up behind me.

"Hey." She whispered into my ear. Her voice enthralled me, and sent shivers down my spine.

"I have been waiting." I whispered back. She moved her slender and long-fingered hands down my chest and sighed in exhaustion.

"I'm sorry. How long was I?"

"Three, baby. Three days." I said, my tone saying much more than my words did. She gracefully leaped over the bench and floated down next to my right side. Leaning on my shoulder she apologized to me. I held her hand reassuringly, "Its okay."

"I love you." I said to her softly, kissing her hand.

"I know." She said back, "But you shouldn't."

"Why?" I asked her, startled that she even said that.

She ignored my question, "I know you want to bite me. And its only a matter of time before I let you..." unfolding her wings, she wrapped her left one around me. "Never the less I will still love you. As long as I'm here."

"Hey," I said to her seriously as I looked deeply into her eyes, "You will be here as long I am, okay?"

"I'm afraid its not up to you." She turned her head away from my gaze, her wings going back into hiding as well. "No matter what you do, my time is soon... By my own doing or yours."

"W-what? I would never hurt you!" She looked at me, still very calm, and slowly ran her fingers through my dark red hair.

"But you will. You can't control it." A loud crack rang through the air, a scream echoed through my head. It wasn't hers, but yet I still recognized it. I stood up with her and her wings unfolded as she turned to me, her eyes already tearing. "I'm sorry." She said, giving me a quick kiss. She ran and jumped into the air, her wings carrying her small frame quite easily.

I ran towards where the scream came from,I knew it was, if maybe I could get there in time. My speed greater than any human's. I leaped over the gazebo with ease and ran into the street. There was the cause of the scream lying in the middle of the street. "Linnea!" I exclaimed as I went over to her limp body.

"K-Kurt..." She said, her voice scratchy as if she was screaming hours before just now, "I-I'm-"

"Quiet. Its okay." I said reassuringly, tears streaming down my face telling her otherwise.

"I've n-n-never seen you cry b-before." She said placing her hand on my cheek. A tear ran down her hand. Suddenly I was filled with rage. Adrenaline rushed through my body as I picked her up, a small pool of blood remained where she was lying. She passed out from pain as I started to walk towards the nearest hospital, then jog, and after twenty feet soon i was sprinting at full speed without any problem.

I dodged the midnight traveler's cars and ran faster than some down the highway as I tried to save my friend's life. When I reached the hospital, her face was pale, and the people there could tell she needed medical attention immediately. But I refused to let her go. They yelled at me to set her on the gurney, but I refused. I yelled at them to take me to the room they were taking her, and insisted i was faster.

Finally they told me which room as I ran and nearly knocked over many nurses and doctors. By the time I reached the room, there was yelling doctors following. After I set her down, her eyes opened and she started screaming. The nurses called for some sort of sedative as I held her down. She kept screaming about someone, I didn't know who, she just kept screaming and screaming. Right as the nurse came in, she started spasming and went into cardiac arrest. One of the nurses told me to exit the room. Eventually they did get me to leave, but not after I witnessed my friend suffer more.

Three hours after I left the room, I still sat pateintly. Waiting for some sort of nurse or someone to tell me something... anything. I hadn't even washed the blood from my arms, when finally one came to see me.

Standing up, I asked the nurse if she was alive.

"Yes, but you are not allowed to see her yet." The male nurse said sadly. "You should go wash that off and get some sleep son." He said while putting a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm fine," I said sitting back down, "I don't need help."

That was the last time I saw either of them... Alive.