Chapter 7

Camila's POV

The next day, I met my friends at our usual table around lunch time.

"Hey Mila." Ally smiled.

"Sup dawg." Dinah said nodding her head.

"Hey guys. Where's Darren and Mani?" I asked looking around for them.

"Dunno." Dinah said taking a few bites out of her sandwich. "They probably got caught up in something."

"Try Prep drama." Ally said with a tint of anger in her voice. "I wish they would just leave us alone." She finished, playing with her salad mindlessly.

"Uh oh. What happened Ally cat?" I asked her out of curiosity, because we usually don't bring our prep problems to the table since it's an everyday-thing. But in the moment I heard the harsh tone in Ally's voice, I could tell something was seriously wrong.

She took a deep breath and continued to play with her food. "Where do I start?" She paused and thought. "Okay. So today I was thinking of confessing my feelings to Troy, you know the one in AP Physics class and those stupid jerks ruined everything." She said stabbing those poor leafs with her fork through her food.

"What did they do?" Dinah asked.

"I wrote him a note this morning and was planning on giving it to him. But as I was waking up to him to give it to him by his locker, the preps stopped me and shoved me into the lockers, making me drop the note. The collision between I and the lockers caught Troy's attention. He was about to help me up when Drew stopped him. Then Vero picked up the note from the ground and read it out loud...letting Troy hear every word. After it I started crying and ran. I haven't seen or talked to Troy since." She began to tear up. "He probably hates me or thinks I'm some type of desperate loser."

Dinah and I both hugged her.

I stroked her hair and she laid her head against my chest. "Ally, you know that's not true. You're beautiful, smart, nice, caring, cute-"

"Don't forget short and flirty." Dinah interrupted me.

Ally giggled.

"Besides all those things..." I continued. "I'm sure that there's nothing in the world that compares to who you are. I see the way Troy looks at you All's." I slightly nudged her, "He likes you. He was probably overwhelmed. Give him some time and talk to him when your ready."

"Thanks Mila. You always know what to say." Ally smiled.

"And that's considering that she's the one who's least experienced." Dinah noted.

I laughed nervously. "Yeah..."

Then suddenly we heard fast paced footsteps. I turned to see Darren and Mani running towards us.

When they got to our table all he said was "Run."

Mani then yelled " Attention all outcasts, run for your life! They're coming..."

"Shit. "They actually did?!" WHAT NO WAY." Murmured the rest of our social class.

"What's going on?!" I asked Darren concerned.

"The preps...they're coming for us." He said in between breaths.

"What!? Why?!"

"Less asking more running." He said before grabbing my hand and running towards the nearest exit.

The girls,Darren and I ran to our safe spot. It was an attic located in Swope's closest, above his classroom. When we got in there Darren made sure to leave behind no evidence. He slowly opened the small door by unhooking the hinge that closed it. As the door opened a latter descended down to us. We all made our way up there quietly. When we were settled, Darren closed the door gently.