Chapter 15 - Worlds come crumbling

Ok, I know you've heard it all before but I'm sorry :( I'm sh*t at updating! 

Time stops. The world buzzes around me as all I can think of is pain. Body seizing pain. Pain ripping through my body. Pain plaguing my thoughts. Insecurity of the future. 

Nurses hover around the doctor, Oliver stands by my side, worry in his eyes. I try not to push, but everything inside me wants to. I need to.

"She's only 25 weeks, please, do something, anything," Oliver says in a low, gruff whisper.

The doctor stand stern, "Nurses," he beckons, and all but one exit with him.

"What are they going to do?"

 She gives us a small, hopeful smile, "Don't worry; we're going to do everything we can."

My world, my everything is shaking. My existence is purely for my children and Oliver, I need to keep my babies safe.... it’s my purpose... 

"I can't lose my babies..."

"Aw, come on now love, it’ll be fine. Lot of women have twins early, don't you worry," the nurse tells me.

I hold a hand to my stomach, whispering to myself, "Please boys, be good for mummy... You're ok, it’s ok."

Oliver places his hand over mine and gives me a pain filled look. He runs a hand through my hair and gives me a sad smile. 

-Claire's P.O.V (May's mum)-

I sit beside my pregnant daughter, unsure of her destiny. She's so young, so full of live. What now? Her world will never be the same. Should I tell her not to keep the baby? It’s not my decisions. When May told me she was pregnant, it was the worst feeling. I didn't want to take away her privilege of being a mother but at the same time, I didn't want to take away her childhood. May keeping Rettie made her grow up, but being a mother is one of the greatest features of her life. Without Rettie, I don't know what any of us would do. Now I'm sitting here, with another pregnant child, faced with another decision. Be mad or be supportive. Tell her to get rid of the baby, tell her to keep it, tell her to decide herself. 

"Honey, how did this happen?"

"You and dad... you weren't there. And it’s not your fault, dad is sick. I reached out to someone and they listened. He comforted me, supported me."

"How long has it been going on?"

"A while now. We've sort of been living together, in a way."

"You live with May, what are you talking about?"

"I am, but he- we just spend a lot of time together."

"I'm not going to tell you what is right or wrong for you, this is your decision. I just wish you had of told me and asked me when you were thinking of an abortion. I could have helped. I could have supported you."

"I'm sorry, I just needed to figure myself out. I want to keep it."

"I need to meet this boy."

"You can't."

"Why not?"

"You just can't."

"Layanara, being a mother is not easy. It’s hard, hard work. You can't do it alone. You can't do it with someone you can't introduce to me."

"Mum, just listen to me, It will be fine! You will meet him, just not now."

The minute May made her decision, I could just tell a little piece of her grew up. Now in front of my eyes, I see that change again. My Laynie is becoming a mother, whether I approve or not. 

"You need to go tell your father."

Laynie looks at the ground with a frown, "Yeah."

She gathers up her bag and I place my hand over it, "You can leave that here. You're coming back home."

She slips out of the room without a word.

-May's P.O.V / One week later-

I lay in bed, feeling miserable. My feet swollen, my body sore. My stomach sits distorted and as I crank my neck over, Oliver is just waking. He yawns and tenderly gives my stomach a kiss. "Good morning boys, good morning boy’s mother," he kisses my hand.

"Yes, hello Oliver."

"Someone is crabby; I think its mummy, yeah, yeah. Who's your crabby mummy?" He looks up at my and removes his face from my stomach, clearing his throat.

"Is it not enough that I can't get out of this bed, but now you want me to endure baby talk? To foetuses STILL IN MY STOMACH! The TV is stuck on reruns of Dora and you know what? I'd like to have a grown up conversation because you'll leave for work and I'll be stuck here, all alone," at that point I begin to feel a tear slip down my face. Oliver shuffles closer to me and puts his warm feet over my cold ones, hushing me.

"Baby, I know it’s been a stressful week, but you need to stay in bed so you don't have the boys. I'm sorry your mum took Laynie and Isie. Amee has school and I just can't leave Jay here, you can't get up! I will not allow you to get up and get her drinks and food and put playschool on. You and those babies in your belly are too important to me."

"I get that Ollie, I know I need to stay in bed, but I'm going crazy! I want to get up and do my things, get the kids ready!"

"How about I call Crayna, Payton and Lotus and you can have a girl’s day? I'll fix the Dora reruns and you can have a movie matharon or something."

I feel my lips turn upwards in a smile. "That would be amazing, thank you."

Oliver kisses my hand and slides out of bed, grabbing his phone.

Ammie comes running into the room. I extend my arms out for her and give her a big hug. She hands me her hairbrush and I begin to carefully brush her hair.

"Do you like my outfit, Mummy?" She has a pink tu-tu with rainbow stockings, pink glittery boots and a white shirt.

"Mhmm, glamorous darling! I air kiss both her cheeks. She giggles and grabs the brush from my hand, yanking it through my hair. I cringe in pain and smile as she does it.

Too soon Oliver is ushering her to school and taking away Jay. He informs me 'the sister squad' will be over in an hour. I lay my lips upon his and run my hands through his hair gently before wishing him a good day.

I pull my body up out of bed and trudge to the bathroom. I set the water to hot and strip off, dumping my body under the spray. I close my eyes for a moment, rubbing my belly and thank whatever is up there for keeping my boys safe. I lather soap and stop the water once I'm washed, drying myself.

Once I'm in my room I slide on a baggy pair of pants and a loose T-shirt. I tidy a little before dropping back to bed. I feel my eyes begin to get groggy again and my mind slips away from reality, slipping into the world of subconscious. 

Waken by the sound of music, my heavy eyes open and I am faced with three giggling women drawing on my face. I give them a pained look and they back away.

"Morning sunshine!"

I pull my body up and let myself gain focus. I reach for my phone and turn on the camera to see what they did. 

"We thought you'd like Dora on your face considering you're watching repeats..."

I groan and pull my draw open. This is one of the rare times I am happy I have a baby supplies everywhere, baby wipes for the win! The girls all scream for me to stop and huddle in, grabbing my phone and taking multiple selfies of us on it.

"We know you've been having a terrible time lately, but today, you are getting high... on life! Drunk... on chocolate chip ice cream, and crazy, over Swayze!" Payton pulls out Dirty Dancing. I laugh and take a moment to love my friends. 

K, so I know I never update anyway but I needz the love! 

6 VOTES MIMIMUM. 

Thank you for enduring me guys xxx