Chapter Fifty-two

Sabastienne

I watched her leave and I couldn't follow her.

"You okay?" Tony whispered.

I pushed my food away and got up making my way to the front lawn. I wasn't hungry anymore. She looked like she wanted to cry, I hated seeing her cry and knowing that I was the cause of it made me sick to my stomach.

"Trouble in paradise?"

I turned to see Alexis looming over me. A smirk plastered across her face.

I walked up to her and punched her in the jaw. She fell to the ground clutching her face.

"What the f-fu..."

"For touching Robyn."

She flinched when my eyes met hers. I knew I was a mess, my eyes were red, around them were dark from lack of sleep and exhaustion. I can't even remember when last I slept. I started walking off, I seriously wasn't in the mood for her shit.

I felt her hands grab my shoulder and pulled me back, I tore myself from her grasp. "Don't fucking touch me." I growled.

She sighed. "Look I'm sorry okay."

"What for?"

"For being a bitch. I just like messing with you guys."

"And you're a slut."

"Ouch." She said with a small smile.

"What do you want?"

"Just tell me, am I the reason why you guys broke up?"

"You think too highly of yourself."

"Oh, so it's not."

"That would be correct."

"So then why is the school's perfect couple broken up?"

"None of your concern."

"I thought you loved her." She said as if I hadn't said anything.

"Drop it."

"I'm sure she loves you so I know it's not her fault. And I heard you broke her heart real bad."

"Drop it."

"Did you cheat? Is she awful in bed, didn't you say her touch disgusts you?"

I pushed hee up against the wall. "Shut up, just shut the fuck up! You don't know anything!"

"So then tell me."

I let her go and walked off.

"Come on, contrary to what you believe I want to help. Messing with you two is no fun if you're not together."

What was the point. "I'm dying."

"I'm sorry what did you say?"

"I'm dying. That's the big reason." I tried not laughing at her horrified expression.

"W-what? How? Why?"

"Don't know what, how? Probably pass out and never wake up and why, no one ever really knows why." I smiled slightly.

"God Baste, I'm sorry."

"What for? It's just life."

"But aren't you scared?"

I sighed and rest my head on the wall. "The only thing I fear is not being able to look into those beautiful eyes anymore."

"Does she know?"

"No one knows, and I expect it too stay that way or there will be sever consequences."

"Ever the Ray of sunshine huh?" She asked sarcastically.

I flipped her off.

She rolled her eyes. "So you lied to her."

"For her own good. She would never have let me go if she knew the real reason. She'd have want to take care of me."

"Um...and what's wrong with that?"

"No matter how different the storyline is the end will never change." She looked at me puzzled. "Even if she stays with me, my end won't change. I can't leave her alone."

"But you are now, don't you see. Why break her heart now when you can give her a little more happiness."

"So that it won't be as painful for her. She would have already gotten over me so it wouldn't hurt that badly."

She laughed. "You're serious?"

"What?"

"You can't be this dense. Sabastienne, that girl is never getting over you. The only person I've ever known who is more in love with someone other than her is you. She is whipped and you're not getting rid of her."

"It's for her own good."

"Why don't you let her decide that."

"Because she won't be thinking clearly. I'm more level headed, I'm doing this to protect her."

"Are you trying to protect her, or protect yourself?" She said as she walked away. "Think about that."

"You know you're not a complete asshole for a bitchy slut!" I shouted.

She stopped and turned, a smile on her lips. "Our secret!" She winked then left.

As I watched her my mind drifted to Robyn.

What the hell did she mean by protecting myself?