Prologue

"Come out, come out wherever you are," he crows out to them. Teeth busted from years of chewing tobacco paired with horrible oral hygiene. He spits at the ground in impatience.

Cocking the gun he listens, breaths did all but grace his ears. Feline stealth aids his search, eagle eyes trained from decades of the same task: seek, hunt, kill.

Seven. Seven bullets left to fire, only of which two he can use. To waste materials is highly impractical. Taking another listen he can faintly hear puffs from around the bend.

Crouching they hid behind the corner hoping that someone, anyone, would come to help them. They can't do this alone, it'd be humanly impossible. Checking their surroundings they confirmed that it was only them around.

Complete silence consumed their presence, their heartbeat however, was loud in their ears.

The pain came before the sound ever made itself known.

Searing skin falling away from their shoulder they attempted to crawl down the hall. Staggered breaths left their mouth as they coughed through blood. Again the hunter loaded his shot, aim impeccable, precise, perfect.

Silence.

Panic filled their drained veins, a trail of crimson perused them making it sure they'd never get away. Giving up would have been a much easier feat at this point. To let go of everything, to lose all hope and let death take them. It was so much simpler. To save everyone the trouble of their burden, take away the weight of their life from everyone's shoulders.

G̳̝͈̙̀į̴͈̲̫̦ ̛́hV̛̭̬͈̣͟ ̸̨̪͉̦̭͈͚̮ḙ̷̶͙ ̴̟̥̲̞͚̟͔͇̕͘Ì̷̳ṋ̪̰̬̙̖͕̣͡ͅ.͇͎̮̤̩͕̫̯

They let out a deep sigh of relief as they surrendered to another bullet. A grin washes over his crusted face. It was today the hunter became the hunted.

Perhaps the biggest struggle they've faced through their life had been this. Not wars, not opinions, nor the wrath of man. They let out a final cry for help, anyone at this point would do. An angel, Stars forbid, had been better than this.

The only response they were greeted with, was death.

Where Else to Find me:

Deviantart: LithoLaboratory

Instagram: Litho_Laboratory_