Step Down

Copyright © 2012 OneLove_OneDream

All Rights Reserved.

                                      ~*~*~*~

As I walked through the hallway inside the school, I was in no mood to talk to anyone. I had that horrific nightmare again. It had begun to be a constant nightmare, even more than usual. I had these dreams plenty of times, but they had stopped.

Now, though, they had come full blast. It was unnerving because they were so vivid, it was scary. I would wake up screaming and sweating, flaring my arms around trying to stop the fire from burning me.

“Hey you look like shit.”

I turned to look at Chad, who looked me up and down a small smile on his face, a smile that faltered when I gave him my death glare. “Go to tell Chad,” I muttered.

I made it all the way to my locker, dragging my feet along the way. All the while, I knew that Chad was right behind me.

“Geeze what went up your ass?” he asked.

Turning to look at him, I gave him another death glare, “Chad I am warning you right now, I am not in the mood for your stupid comment so if you can please back the fuck away,” I spat out.

I didn’t know what was up with me this morning. Yeah I get I hadn’t had much sleep but I shouldn’t be so mean. I automatically felt bad at my reaction towards Chad, when I saw his face fall. I had never in my life snapped at him, well I did but it wasn’t that bad.

“Sorry Chad I-I just had a rough night…” I yawned feeling sleepy all over again. I should have asked my parents if I was able to stay home.

“it’s okay,” mumbled Chad.

I really did feel bad. I stepped closer to him, giving him a hug. “Sorry Chad,” I muttered into his chest.

I felt his arms circle around my waist, one of his hand slid up to my hair and began to smooth it out. He chuckled a little, “It’s okay Catalina, I know you didn’t mean it.”

Abruptly, I felt as if someone was staring at us. I pulled away slightly looking around, not seeing no one looking at us strange…Then I saw him or rather them.

The Fier brothers.

All three were staring right at us, at me. Their eyes not blinking as they took me in, I saw as Trevor looked intensely at me, more than the others.

His face was emotionless but his eyes were not. His eyes were showing every emotion that is possible, they were angry, really angry. Even from afar, I was able to see they were black, how that as possible, was beyond me. Trevor’s jaw clenched. I felt afraid, I felt as if I wasn’t supposed to be hugging Chad.

I pulled away.

“Hey Catalina.”

I turned to see Candle standing behind me, smiling. Her blue eyes sparkling with her long hair framing her beautiful face perfectly. Her eyes swept towards Chad, who was frozen at her beauty or maybe the fact that a beautiful girl like Candle was talking to us.

Chad was hot and every girl wanted him, mostly every girl, but none of those girls can compare to the beauty of Candle. I chuckled at his reaction, waving my hand in front of his face snapping him out of his stage.

“Glad to have you back Chad,” I giggled out.

Chase looked at me, blushing and glaring, “Shut up,” he muttered.

I shook my head, my laughter dying as I turned towards Candle, “Hi,” I answered. 

“I was wondering if you wanted to come to do something today, it was so much fun yesterday.” She was right, I did have fun at her house. I was able to ride lighting and talked to Candle none stop. I told her about Chad, Katie and Rachael, she wanted to formally meet them, like she hadn’t at her ball.