Definitely Not an Axe Murderer

“Mmm,” Lauren moaned as she took another bite from her chocolate chip cookie, “I should set you up more often.”

I scoffed, “Who said I would make you cookies every time you set me up?”

“Who said you wouldn’t” Lauren retorted popping the last bit of her cookie into her mouth.

I rolled my eyes, “Whatever.” I pulled the last tray of cookies out of the oven and placed them on a wire rack.

“So!” Lauren said loudly brushing her hands off on her napkin, “Wanna get drunk today? I know this really swanky pub a couple blocks away.”

“Should you be getting drunk when the wedding is only a week away? What if something happens?” I asked placing my hands on my hips.

“Oh calm down. Nothing bad is going to happen.”

 ***

They say that you should always listen to your gut instincts rather than your friends’ word. I’m starting to believe that. I woke up the next morning with a pounding headache. I tried to shield my eyes from the sun streaming through the window. Turning over I pulled the navy blue sheets over my head hoping that would help. Wait. Navy blue sheets? Mine were white….shit.

I opened my eyes fully and took in the room around me. I was in a different bed with different sheets in a different room. This wasn’t Lauren’s flat. The walls were bare except for a calendar with the theme of cars and motorcycles. There wasn’t much furniture apart from a few end tables and a bookshelf in the corner of the room.

On the end table next to the bed was a glass of water and two aspirin. Okay so whoever brought me here was most likely not an axe murderer. Sitting up, I took the aspirin from the table and swallowed them, gingerly taking a sip of the water. I cursed Lauren for making me take that last shot of vodka. I looked down and noticed that luckily I was still in the black skimpy dress she made me put on. Breathing a sigh of relief I realized that I had not in fact slept with anyone. I swung my legs over the side of the bed and tip toed towards the door. The bedroom led into the living room and the kitchen. The smell of bacon made my stomach growl.  I desperately searched for my shoes and purse when I heard a voice behind me.

 “So the Sleeping Beauty awakes.”

I spun around quickly to see where the voice came from.

Finn.

“Oh!” I gasped, "You."

 He chuckled,"Yes. Me."

I had no idea what my appearance looked like. I guessed that my hair must have looked like a haystack so I did my best to smooth it down. 

"Well now you've met 'Five-Drink Christine' " I joked continuing to smooth my hair. Eventually, I gave up becuase Finn probably saw worse last night. 

"Apparently I did," he grinned, "and she was a very entertaining girl."

I put my hand over my face to hide my embarassment, "I'm not sure I even want to know what you found so entertaining."

"Are you by any chance a fan of Harry Potter?" he asked smirking.

My eyes popped wide open, "Oh please tell me I didn't encounter someone who looked like Dumbledor"

"No you did not," he said biting his lip to keep from laughing, "You did however manage to find a twig and wield it like a wand. Hence this," he indicated to a small cut above his brow. 

"I am so sorry," I gasped, "Oh god. I'm so embarassed." I walked around looking for my shoes and my purse again so I could have an excuse to not look him in the eye. I spotted my things by the door and was about to grab them when I felt his hands on my waist pulling me back.

"Wait, wait," he said laughing, "It's alright don't go yet." he spun me around so I was facing him then placed his hands on my shoulder, holding me in place, "At least have some breakfast before you go."

I looked at the time on the clock in the kitchen and saw that it was nearly ten. 

"I should really go. I'm sure that Lauren is worried sick--" 

"I called her and told her where you were," he said cutting me off, "Her fiance is taking care of her and now I am going to take care of you."

"But you barely even know me," I said, "and I have to do more preparations for the wedding, and I have to unpack and I'm sure it would be better if I left because I can barely look you in the eye right now I'm so embarrassed--" 

Finn silenced me by grabbing my face in between his hands and kissing me. His mouth was hot and hard on mine and he tasted like bacon. My hands had a mind of their own and wandered up and around his neck. He took this as a sign of encouragement and slid his hands down to my waist pulling me closer. He bit my lower lip and grazed his tongue over it. I pulled away gasping for air. He rested his forehead on mine, "Did you do that just to shut me up?" I asked.

He chuckled, "I did it because I've been wanting to ever since you came into the shop. Hell, maybe even before then. " 

I giggled like a school girl, "I'm glad you waited until I was sober to do that."

"Yeah. Me too," he leaned down to kiss me again before i stopped him with my hand.

"Seeing as how we've practiacally skipped dates one through three," I said slowly turning my head to his bedroom. He widened his eyes at me then scooped me up in his arms. I yelped in surprise and laughed putting my arms around his neck while he carried me into the other room.

A/N And that's chapter two! I'll try to write more asap. Leave a comment if you've ever had an experience like this :) or just leave one if you want me to give you a shout out! xoxo