chapter 1

dani's pov

i was just lying on the sofa with an ice pack on my stomach where another bruise had started to form.

the weird thing is that it doesn't hurt anymore. i'm so used to the pain that its just numb.

i never believed in a person being able to have two different faces till about a few moths ago when liam started to hurt me. 

it was just a slap or two first but then came the kicks and now it's basically everything.

liam payne aka the sweet guy from one direction who has the puppy face,my boyfriend who abuses me.

as much as it hurts to say it,that's how it is. 

why am i still with him? i have asked that question to myself so many times but no reason so far. 

maybe it's the fact that though he hits me and probably hates me i still love him. call me crazy but i can't bring myself to hate him. i guess thats how love just works.

a friend of my mom, her husband used to abuse her, i had begged her to leave him so many times but she dint! 

she stuck by him when he went to court because the police found out.

she never filed a case. 

why? her response was always,"i believe in second chances. maybe he'll change. maybe he'll show me that he loves me again cuz i know he does."

i used to think she was crazy but i guess i understand now. 

my eyes are starting to get heavy now.

i guess i'll just let the darkness consume me.

_____________________________________________________________________________

i jolted awake from my peaceful yet dreamless slumber when the door slammed shut.

must be liam. 

oh no!

i checked the clock and sure enough it was 6:30 and i din't make him his dinner. shit i am dead!

liam walked in staring intensely at me. i got up,finding the carpet more interesting.

"where's my dinner?" he asked,his voice hard and face emotionless.

oh lord! please help me!

"well......um....you see...it-it's..th-that well--" thats all i could say before he came upto me causing me to flinch.

i remember months ago when we used to stand like this but that time i actually had a smile on my face.

his eyes were no longer the cute brown but black, oh lord! i'm in for it now.

i silently prayed to all the gods up there to help me.

i dint get very far as my hair was pulled really hard causing tears to form but i refused to let them fall.

"you can never do anything right. you are so worthless." he spat at me.

i flinched and i saw something in his eyes-regret?!?!?!

no! that's impossible. he doesnt feel regret at all. 

he pulled my hair again more tighter this time and dragged me to our room. oh no!

no! please not this again. 

i started screaming and thrashing around not being able to speak as i knew what was coming.

suddenly a sharp sting on my cheek and a look at liam's face told me to be quiet or else i would get it worse.

i just closed my eyes and tried to numb the pain but i knew that wouldnt happen.

tears leaking out,i bit my lip to supress a sob as liam tore my clothes.

_________________________________________________________________________

pain..........that's all i could feel. it hurt so much. i can't even think straight.

what did i do to make him hate me this much?

what did i ever do?

my legs are so sore from the torture i just went through that noone should ever have to go through. 

liam left after he was done with my body. he dint even give me a second glance.

i cant even rest as i know i have to go for my rehearsals for an upcoming gig.

pixie lott. she's also a really good friend of mine and she knows that something's up but she hasn't asked me anything and i'm so happy with that because pixie knows when i lie and well the outcome would not be good.

i got up,wincing at the pain.

i went into our shared wadrobe and pulled out my dark purple leggings and black tee,too tired to make an efort.

i put my hair in a ponytail and walked out grabbing a banana to eat on the way.

_______________________________________________________________________

we were gonna practise pixie's 'kiss the stars'. one of my favourites s the song is just so catchy and energetic.

i pushed away all my pain and took my position,just remembering all the moves.

i watch as pixie,sarah and nikki start dancing.

i feel the energy start to kick in me.

the chorus starts and pixie and the girls go down.

i'm completely ready to let my body free.

pixie starts to dance with mitchie and joe pretending to be down on the ice. pixie takes her position to come back upto the main stage.

time to start.

the chorus is over as all 5 girls dance.

time for lila,jenni,alli,amy and me to enter.

we slow walk pretending to be on stage. we 5 enter and sarah nad nikki joins us.

we are all in a straight line and now it's time to let loose.

now everythings just a blur,focusing on the dance,as we perform one step the other is in our mind.

we form a v shape as we dance like theres no tomorrow,putting in all our energies.

hip-thrust,waves,shimmys-it''s all so easy and natural to us.

the final chorus comes on as mitchie and joe joins us.

stretches and body shakes make me want to cry out in pain but i hold it in.

whipping our hair from side to side.

the fun and huge amount of adreleine pumping through our veins.

before we know,it's all over. 

like a blur the three and half minute song is over and soon enough luke our choreographer is applauding and telling us how good we did.

the girls and i including pixie all share a group hug.

i wish i could be free like this always just like i am when i'm dancing and expressing myself.

if i only could but i can't.

we all pack up as its all over and we exchange goodbyes before heading out,in my mind only one thing-praying to god that liam wont be home. 

__________________________________________________________________________

as i reach our apartment,i wave hello to our neighbor mrs. lillian.

i just hope that maybe liam won't be there but as always things nver go my way and luck is never on my side and wollah-rite infront of me is the one and only liam payne.