A day in the life of Nicole Marylin

Chapter 1

This is how it always happens. Mom leaves for the night and I have to clean up her mess. I walk downstairs and there's overflowing piles of wine and beer, and stacks of empty cigarette packs. This is how she comes home:

A- drunk

B- with her on and off boyfriend "Tom"

C- doesn't come home at all

D- all of the above

Don't be thinking "That little girl is left alone every night I feel so bad for her!!!" Btw I'm 13 I'm a teenager.

Mom has made some bad decisions in her life. She got pregnant with me when she was 16, started smoking when she was 14 and she clings with any guy she sees on the street. Here I am, it's almost midnight, I have latex gloves and 6 trash bags. When I'm done tackling the mess I go into the kitchen and grab a banana. Upstairs I go. I turn on my TV and watch "Singing with Kelly" I get in bed and after about 4 shows my eyes are closing. I fall asleep. I wake up to the sound of a door slamming open and then slamming closed. I run downstairs and see my mom and her on and off boyfriend Tom. My mom looks skinnier then ever. She must be drunk because Tom is directing her to the bedroom. They disappear in the bedroom. I walk back upstairs and call my best friend Pheobe. "Pheeb, can I... Okay.. I'll be there in 5 minutes...thanks... Bye" I always go over there when I'm bored out of my mind. I grab my Vera Bradley tote bag and start filing it up. "Deodorant, Pads, brush, toothbrush and of course body spray. I tie my rope to the little hole in my window and drop it down. I gradually slide down. I always get rope burn.