Promise Me

Thank you so much for clicking on this story! Please vote! It would only take a second, plus it makes me really happy! Thanks!

~~~

Before the summer

“Beth, why don’t you give Jace a chance? He seems to really like you.” her friend Emma said, lightly lining her eyes. They were getting ready for a party.

Beth rolled her eyes. “That’s probably what every poor girl’s best friend says to her before he screws her. Besides, I don’t even want to go to this stupid party.” she sulked. 

Her other friend Alissa glanced at them. “Please, you are the only girl that he hung out with without having sex.”

Beth was quiet. Yeah, she knew that, and she did like Jace, but she was afraid that her heart would be broken. Jace was known for sleeping with girls, and then tossing them aside like a the mascara that Emma tossed in the trash can right now even though she got it two days ago.

Emma sighed, and placed her hand on Beth’s shoulder lightly. “You know what? You’re probably right. It’s just that you and Jace look so cute together. You finally interact with a boy. He finally settles down.” she explained, as she gathered her materials and shoved them in her leather clutch. She opened the door to her room and ushered them out.

Beth sighed and tied the shoelaces to her trademark Converse. She followed them out where they got into Emma’s car and drove to the loud party, making Beth wish she stayed home instead of going out and wearing itchy denim shorts.

She stared out the window, suddenly hearing pulsating dub step music. As they drove closer, it became increasingly loud. She resisted the urge to groan and cover her ears. They exited the car, where Emma found her boyfriend at the time Terence, who was also friends with Jace, who was hanging out with a bunch of girls with tight crop tops and ripped jeans or short skirts.

His eye brightened when he saw her, and started walking towards her, much to the dismay of the girls who sent her glares.

“Hey.” she said, as he reached her. He smiled down her at, his 6’1 frame easily towering over her 5’6 frame.

“Hey. Want a drink?” he asked, holding out his plastic clear cup in her face. The stench of beer was overwhelming. She rolled her eyes and pushed his hand back. He frowned slightly.

“Come on, munchkin. Live a little.” he chuckled. She forced a smile.

“Maybe later, Jace.” she said, turning away from him. He grabbed her hands, and spun her towards him. She looked up at him, confused.

“Look, I know you like me.” he whispered. She looked him straight in the eye.

“What makes you think that?” she challenged. He crashed his lips onto hers. She stood there, shocked. Up until now, he hadn’t made a move to touch her romantically.

She pulled away. “You’re drunk.” she insisted. His eyes glanced at her, his eyes clouded with sadness.

“Look, I won’t hurt you.” he whispered softly. “You might not believe me, heck, I don’t believe it either, but Beth, you make me feel like no other. If I didn’t really like you, I would have gone away.”

She thought about it for a moment. She opened her mouth to say something, but his lips, once again softly touches hers. Her eyes widened, but this time, she didn’t resist. He deepened the kiss, pulling her closer to him, and broke away for breath.  

He smiled at her crookedly which made her melt. After that, she was laughing with him while drinking. The last thing she remembered was being carried somewhere before she blacked out.