Wild Heart

Wild Heart

________

With each step I took up the steps towards the big mansion, my heart dropped a little more.

I had never wanted to go to this ball, but I was pretty much forced to by my mother.

"Isabella, heads up and smile," My mother harshly said to me, turning to face me.

I lifted my head and gave the best smile I could.

She nodded in approval and continued walking up the steps. I looked around my mother, seeing the big chandelier ahead, it's bright lights lighting up the room.

As we approached the grand doors, my mother turned around to face me and my brother.

"Now children, you are on your best behaviour tonight. Be polite, use your manners, and remember to dance," My mother said with a fake smile as she turned around and hurried off, making sure she gave us a stern look which said 'if you don't do what I said you will be history'. I gulped, making my brother chuckle.

"Don't be nervous Bella, it's only a party," He said fixing his tie.

He looked very presentable with his tux and his black loafers. Noah was a couple years older than me, but he still treats me like a five year old.

I shrugged my shoulders as I looked at the mansion again, my nerves getting to me.

"I'm going to get some drinks, will you be alright on your own?" He asked. I turned my head to him, his eyebrow raising.

I nodded my head.

"Yeah, I'll be fine," I lied, my hands shaking. He smiled and walked away, leaving me alone.

I looked away from him and started walking into the massive building. My eyes immediately landing on the big chandelier above me. Gosh, it was beautiful. Feeling a tap on my shoulder I turned around frightened, but calmed down seeing who it was.

"Your face was priceless," My brother joked, handing me a glass of wine.

I rolled my eyes and took it from his hand, taking a sip of the red liquid.

"Where's mum?" He asked, looking around.

"I don't know, probably flirting with a couple of rich men here," Noah scoffed at my words, knowing I was right.

"This party is boring," He wined, his eyebrows furrowing.

"Well, it's definitely not like your college parties with sluts and booze everywhere," I said, making him laugh.

"True, but there could be some younger girls around, not just old, boring people," He said, taking another sip of his wine.

I shook my head, tightening the grip around my wine glass, tapping my finger on the side.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the dance will now commence," A voice from the ballroom said through a loud speaker.

Noah and I looked at each other, he nudged his head towards the centre of the room.

I groaned and held my dress up a little with my free hand, just in case I trip. I walked over to the ballroom, it was quite a large area with another massive chandelier that hung above.

I was too small to see past everyone that stood in front of me. Noah chuckled behind me, my head turning towards him.

"Shut up," I said, my eyebrows furrowing in frustration.

"Come this way," He said, grabbing my wrist and pulling me through the crowd that encircled the dancers in the middle.

He stopped, noticing that he had brought me right to the front, and my nerves had come back again. He was about to pull me back when a smooth hand gently landed on my wrist, my head turning almost immediately. My eyes widened at what I saw.

A boy, who looked like my age was holding my hand and he was insanely cute. He smiled breathtakingly at me, causing my heart to flutter wildly.

"May I have this dance, my love?" He asked sweetly. I looked at Noah who was shaking his head and warning me with his eyes. I looked at the boy and nodded my head, smiling as he led me onto the dance floor.

He slid his hand around the side of my waist, and the other intwining his fingers with mine, his hands were cold making me shiver. I gently put my hand on his shoulder, still confused why he picked me to dance with, I was hardly the prettiest in the room.

As we started to move around the room, he spoke up.

"Sorry I brought you into this, father would have killed me if I didn't dance," He said with an apologetic look on his face.

"I'm kind of glad you did, because mother would have killed me too," I said, making him chuckle.

"Well, at least that's one positive we get out of this dance," He said, making me smile up at him.

We continued dancing until the music stopped, causing the two of us to stop.

Mother had taught me that dance. Well, more like forced me to because she needed me to marry a rich man. She's all about the money, ever since dad left she'd lost that money and it's torn apart our family.

I felt my hands drop to my sides, my gaze falling down to my sparkly red heels.

"Thank you for dancing with me," He said, my head looking up as I stared into his beautiful blue eyes.

"Your welcome," I said, awkwardly rubbing my arm.

"What's your name?" He asked, smiling crookedly, stopping my heart instantly.

"Isabella," I finally uttered with a groan. I hated my name, it sounds horrible.

"What's wrong?" He chuckled.

"I hate my name" I said making him smile.

"I think it's beautiful, it suits you," He said, making me flush.

"How about I call you Bella?" He said and I nodded my head.

"It was nice meeting you Bella. I hope we cross paths again" He said, gently lifting my hand and giving it a sweet kiss, my cheeks blushing.

"Till next time," He said with a smile as he let go of my hand and walked away.

I smiled and turned around to walk away until I suddenly remembered something. I never got his name.

"Wait-" I called out as I turned around, but he was gone.

I sighed and walked back over to where Noah was standing, who was currently giving me one of his scary glares.

"Who was that boy?" He asked, in a over protective tone.

I didn't roll my eyes at how protective he was acting, I didn't do anything actually, except reply with-

"I don't know, I really don't know"

________________________

I'm starting a new book! I hope you guys enjoy it!

- Kayla x