Crosswire

It was 4 in the morning, typical, I always get up before I'm supposed to. I try to fall back asleep, but can't, so I get up, take a shower, get dressed, and I eat.

All of this done before my younger brother gets up. Ever since I was 15 and my parents passed away from cancer, I've had to take care of Michael. He's 15 now, about 5'9", and the just about the same features as me, blue eyes, dark brown hair, with slightly tanned skin.

He walks out in his superman boxers, I laugh,"About time, thought I was gonna have time to run a marathon before you got up." "And I thought you said you were gonna try to sleep in." He responds sarcastically.

"Eh, you know me" I say. As he gets his stuff for his shower, I get up from the table and head over to the stove to cook him his favorite breakfast, Cornbeef hash with over easy eggs.

I never knew why he loved this stuff, but I never really asked. That's how things went around here. Don't ask too many question, especially in this town.

When our parents passed, they gave us this cabin way up north in Michigan. I remembered going there often in the summer. I soon learned that if you asked too many questions, people start to wonder if you're an agent, which is despised around here.

After the Third World War, the government that was supposed to keep anything like that from happening again. Thus, they created an agency, known as Unknown. The only reason people gave them that name was because one, no one knew their names, and two, no one knew their true identity. It worked for a while, before they went corrupt.

A man name Harry McCluster took over the agency and ended up causing a more scrambled country. With a forcing cause, comes a rebelling cause. That's where we come in. that's also why many of the locals here don't like it when you ask questions.

Michael finally gets done with his shower, comes out, eats, and leaves. "YOUR WELCOME!" I shout as he leaves. I still don't have to get to school for another hour and a half. So I grab my stuff and walk to the park me and my best friend Mary used to hang out at.

I never really knew what happened to her. One day she's at school, the next she's not. That day I went over to see of she was o.k., but she was gone. That's the day my whole world crash down, because that's also the day my parents died.

"Wow, I thought this place would have been torn up?" It can't be. I turn, and of course, it is. Mary. At first, anger courses through me, but it soon turns to happiness. "Now where do you think you've been?". "Eh, here and there"

"Well, I've got to be to school in like 25 min. If you want you can stay at my house it's about a quarter mile that way and the first house to the left" I say point to my left. "ok". We stood there for about a minute just staring, "ok see ya later" I quickly turn and walk my normal route. Did that really just happen?