The Young and The Foolish

 Written by Valencia Harris

                                                                                                                                                      Introduction~

   My name is Janette Robins, I'm 15 living in the projects of New York. No one knows anything about me, I'm a closed book. Everyone says God lets things happen for a reason, but I feel everything that happens to me, is a mistake.

                                                                                                                                                      Chapter One~

  When I was 6 my father and mother was killed while I was in my bed sleeping. People tell me they got shot for drug dealing and gang banging, I'll never really know since I can't ask them. I grew up going through so many foster homes, being beat here ad raped there. Everyone tells me if I prayed God would hear me, but I think his ears are closed. 

  While I was in foster placement I met this boy, his name was Ray(17). He was a beauty to my eye, clean hair, nice clothes, fast cars, big money and everything a girl could imagine. Me and Ray always talked, day and night. Last year when I was 14 he told me he wanted to make it official and wanted me to be his girl. "Look, me and you been talking for around 3 years now, when are we going to make it official?" asked Ray"

"You really want to be with a trouble child like me? Do you think you can handle me?" I said

"Girl, I've known you for how long? And I'm still here, don't you think I am handling you right?"

"Yea, you right. So I guess we together?"

"Yea!"

Ray changed my whole world. Despite being moved back and forth homes, he was always there for me. Or so I thought.

                                                                                                                                                          Chapter Two

  Five months ago me and Ray decided it was time for me to lose my virginity. "I'm scared Ray, I don't think I can go through with this." I said. "It's going to be okay baby, I'm not going to hurt you, I will use protection." Said Ray. Going with his gentle words I fell under his spell and went with it. Little did I know he didn't use a condom. Damn. Two months after that day I missed two of my periods, I called my home girl, Tina(17) up. "Girl, I haven't had a period for two months now, I'm scared." I said

"Janette, slow down...What you mean,'Two months now'?"

"Me and Ray had sex a couple times, Each time he told me he was going to use protection, but he didn't, he lied to me Tina. I'm scared"

"Girl, I'm on my way, with a test."

    Ten minutes later Tina showed up at my foster mother's house. "Here girl go take all four tests." said Tina. As I was sitting down on the toilet waiting for these tests to come back I thought to myself, "Me 15 and pregnant? I cant do this, what will my foster mother say? What will she do? How can I continue to go to school pregnant? Whats going to happen to ray?" After a while the test began to reveal. "Tina go look at it, I'm scared." I said anxiously to Tina. Tina looked at all four tests with the most disgusted face I've ever seen. "Um...I don't even know what to tell you, but you're pregnant.

                                                      TO BE CONTINUED....

Writer's comments: If you want more please let me know. I have more to come with this story.