Me and My Little Dragon

Lucy's POV

Today's the day that I'm joining that guild named, Fairy Tail. My mama and papa both died so I don't have anyone to go to, except my grandpa on my mama's side. He is the master of fairy tail, along with my cousin Laxus. I'm excited to go, I'm already in the carriage. I haven't talked since my parents died, I don't wanna talk. If I talk, then I breathe. If I breathe, then it's real. If it's real,then their gone. I don't wanna forget, I don't wanna let go.

Soon the carriage stopped, and my grandfather opened the door. He really was a short old man, but I loved him anyway. He was always so nice to me, even when I misbehaved. I greeted him with a wave, and a smile. He lead me out of the carriage and onto the street. In the distance I spotted a building that looked .... Kind of homey. Not like my home, but a comfortable, warm home.

As soon as I walked inside I was greeted with a giant fight going on in the guild. There were two boys who I suspected were the cause of the fight because once grandpa walked in everyone stopped but them. They were yelling at each other.

"SHUT UP ICE PRINCESS!"

"WHAT DID YOU SAY FLAME BRAIN!?"

"YOU HEARD ME POPSICLE!"

"SHUT UP YOU BRATS!"

I think we all know where that last one came from. Everyone paused and said a quick mumble of what sounded like a sorry.

"Now, everyone we have a new member joining us today. Her name is Lucy, she is my granddaughter. She is also Laxus's cousin, her parents died awhile ago. Take it easy on her, she's not used to a lot of people. That means you Natsu."

He said pointing at a pink haired boy, who looked about my age maybe a year older.

"What!? Why me?" He said so confused. I giggled a little, but quickly stopped. I didn't want anyone to hear me. Which was obviously a failed attempt when he looked at me.

"Hi, My name is Natsu Dragneel."

I took his hand and shook it.

"Don't you talk?"

I shook my head side to side. I'm not gonna talk.

"Everyone, Lucy also never talks. She will carry around a writing pad to reply to you guys."

I picked up my pad from my book bag, and wrote 'Hi everyone!<3!' Yes there was a little heart. They all replied with hi Lucy's or what's up?'s. I turned to look for the Natsu, I wanted to talk to him. I don't know why but I felt something when I first saw him.

I went Toward the raven haired boy who was fighting with Natsu earlier. I tapped his shoulder and he turned around.

"What do ya want?"

'Two things:

1. Your clothes.

2. Do you know where Natsu is?'

He blushed and then ran around frantically looking for his clothes.Then he came back and told me,

"Natsu should be by the river that runs through the city, he always goes there to sulk."

'Sulk?'

" Yea, Natsu's father abandoned him. Well his adoptive father, a dragon."

'A Dragon!?'

"Yea, or so he says. That's what we were fighting about earlier."

'Ok, thanks! <3!'

I rushed out the guild, toward the place the boy mentioned. I didn't even notice it was raining until I got to the place where he told me about, I memorized the city map before I got here. I got there and saw Natsu sitting there with his head down and I couldn't even tell if he was crying or if it was just rain. I tapped his shoulder, he turned around so fast it scared me and I fell on my butt.

"Ow!"

"You do talk!"

I shook my head and looked for my note pad and found it swimming in the river. I internally sighed and turned to face the boy.

"You know it okay to talk? You don't have to let them go or forget."

I stared at him, wide eyed. He understood me, how? I think he saw the confusion in my face because he answered with,

" I was just like you when Igneel first left me. I was afraid that if I talked then I would feel, and if I felt he was gone I wouldn't have stopped crying. But believe me when I say it's easier to just cry it out."

I did the first thing that came to mind. I raced toward him and hugged him full force. He was pretty surprised but soon wrapped his arms around me, I could feel his smile as I stood there in his arms crying.

"T-thank Y-you." I used my voice, even though it sounded a bit horse due to lack of use.

"Your welcome, you are officially my best friend."

"R-really?"

"Yeah, but ya gotta pinkie promise."

I nodded my head as quickly as possible and wrapped his pinkie with mine. We stood there smiling at each other for god knows how long before the rain let up. We walked home that way, my pinkie entwined with his. And I enjoyed every minute of it.