Beverly Hills: Laurie Swan

Chapter 1

I sat in my room waiting for the phone to ring, any second. Normally, I would be annoyed by its high- pitched chime, but this time was different. Spencer said  he would call at one o' clock, and it was twelve fifty nine. As I waited in the silence, I heard my mom's voice over the intercom. "Sweetie, did you do the  homework Ms. Livene gave you to do over the weekend?" I shuddered at the fact that my mom hired a private tutor. Mainly because Ms. Livene was a lazy, old  witch who took joy out of giving me loads of homework. But, my mom didn't know any better. I mean, I couldn't go to a regular school being the daughter of big- time music producer Bobby Swan and super- model/ actress Elaine Swan. People would drowned me with millions of questions everyday. "Yes, mom. It's all taken care of." I sat back down on my bed when suddenly, the phone rang. My whole body filled with excitement. It was the first time I'd talked to Spencer since he'd left for Paris. " Hello?" I tried to hide my excitement. "Bon jour!" I giggled quietly to my self. "Are you having a good time?" "Oui!" I giggled again, his French accent was awful. "I miss you!" "I really miss you too! I haven't been able to get you out of my head since I got off the plane!" I could feel my cheeks turning red. He really did know how to make me blush. Lately I felt really disconnected from him. But for some reason, whenever I hear his voice all of that seems to fade away and nothing else matters. Spencer and I had something special, something real. I admired myself for being able to keep a relationship alive for so long. It also really helped my reputation. Teen Vogue interviewed me last month asking me about my relationship with Spencer, and I was honestly able to say that everything was going really well. "That's so sweet, Spencer! I haven't been able to get you out of my head, either!" I smiled to myself. I loved our lovey- dovey gooey talk. Normally, if it were a friend doing it, I would have vomited. Last year, I would have thought all of that was fake and ridiculous, but, then again, I never would have imagined myself doing it. I had changed alot since last year. Sixteen is really treating me well. My Sweet Sixteen was the fanciest party I'd ever attended. It was in our mansion and it had a masquerade theme. It was "truly enchating" as my best friend, Fiona, had said. "Well I'll be home in four days, so I'll see you semi- soon." "Semi- soon isn't good enough! You have to understand a girls mind! A girl can't go too long with out her boyfriend. Much like a guy can't go to long with out football or... junkfood?" "You amuse me, Laurie. Football, maybe. Junkfood, no. The only guy I know who seemed to be addicted to junkfood is Billy, before he went to fat camp." "Wow, nice prospective on things. I guess that makes sense... kinda." "It does, trust me." "I trust you." "Laurie, I have to go my dad needs me."

"Kay, I love you!" "Love you too, bye!" As soon as the line cut off, someone knocked on my door. "Come in!" My mom came in and sat next to me. "Laurie, We have a interview with People Magazine tomorrow so pick out something cute to wear, alright?" "Kay." As soon as my mom shut the door behind her, I yanked open my closet door. A specific piece of clothing caught my eye. I studied the navy blue Ralph Lauren blazer carefully and realized I had never worn it before. I decided I'd wear it for the interview. I also picked out some Seven jeans and a pink camisole. After a few minutes of contemplateing whether or not I had a heart- shaped face, my phone chimed, letting me know I had a text from Fiona. I walked over to my desk and read the text. 'Meet me tomorrow at Poppy's Latte's. I'm going through withdrawl! -- F' I turned my phone off and put it back on my desk. I slipped on my silk night gown and oddly enough, I drempt of latte's.

I woke up the next morning and panicked. How could I have slept until twelve o' clock? The interview was in an hour and I hadn't even had break fast yet! I grabbed my robe and ran downstairs. "Daddy, toss me an apple." "Sure thing!" I munched on my apple as I ran to my bedroom. After I finished my apple, I hopped in and out of the shower. Fourty minutes to spare. I quickly got dressed and ran back into my bathroom to do my hair. It took my twenty five minutes just to dry and straighten my hair. and the last fifteen minutes I spent applying eyeliner, mascara, blush, lipgloss, and smokey gray eyeshadow. I slipped on some metallic- strapped sandals and headed downstairs. I could see my parents preparing the living room as I decended the stairs. Once I reached the bottom of the stairs, the doorbell rang. I sat down on the white leather couch and prepared for the worst. Our experience with magazine interviews hadn't been the best one. One time, they accused my dad of selling drugs. The press was all over that. Everytime we walked out of the mansion, photographer were scattered all over the place. My dad was definitely not selling any type of drug. We were all pretty shaken up over that one. some people really do know how to twist words.