Prologue

Prologue

Long ago there was a beautiful angel, he was powerful and strong with a noble heart. This angel was loved by God and stood by his lord since the beginning of time. But as centuries passed, the angel looked down from heaven at the mortal species known as the human race; he saw what they did to themselves and to each other, the destruction and hate they ignited within the world.

The angel couldn't understand how these humans could be so cruel, he grew wary of the soul purpose of humanity and began to feel a hatred towards the mortal species and in turn began to question God. He could not fathom why his lord would permit such behavior, why the creator would allow his beautiful art to become so ugly.

The angel stormed up to God and begged his lord to take action and punish the human race but all God did was silence his son, claiming that all will be well. But the angel was not convinced, he did not understand how God could still have faith in the mortals even after they lost faith in him and had the audacity to speak the Lord's name in vain.

As the angel drifted further away from God, there was an evil lurking in the shadows, patiently waiting for the opportunity it had long been seeking. Eventually the time came and the evil lured the angel into the shadows of its realm, captivating God's soldier with its cruel temptations, preying on his weaknesses, speaking the words he wanted to hear and promising him what God had refused.

The angel was tricked by the Devil and when God found out, he was angered by the betrayal and ripped the angels wings off his naked back, throwing him down from the Heavens and banishing him for all of eternity.

The angel hated the humans so fiercely that he was now forced to walk amongst them, but his punishment was much worse than that; you see, God had given him a task, one that would make him feel every cruel emotion the mortals felt (anger, betrayal, temptation, regret, hatred, evil) , one that would force him to become the things he despised most about the humans.

The beautiful fallen angel was now Death.

--