Falling Apart - Prologue

Jessica's P.O.V 

"You look incredible sweetie." My mum whispered, she was on the verge of tears.  

"Please don't cry mum, I don't want to ruin my make up again!" I bit my lip, trying to force back the tears. 

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry! You're just so beautiful." She took both my hands in hers and looked straight into my eyes. "My little baby girl, you've grown up so fast. I can't believe you're getting married." She quickly wiped away a tear with the tissue she was holding. 

"Me neither. I mean, me of all people!" We both started laughing. 

"Oh Jess, my sweet sweet Jessica." She looked at me with a proud smile. 

"Are you ready... oh my god Jessica. My beautiful daughter." My dad came in and pulled me in for a tight embrace. 

"Daddy, you're making me cry!" I complained and wiped away a tear, careful to not ruin my mascara. 

"Okay, okay." My dad took a deep breath, took a step back and looked at me. "He's waiting for you." He smiled and held up his arm to me. My mum rushed out the room with tears running down her face. 

"Mum..." We both said, chuckling. 

"Shall we?" My dad smiled. I nodded and took hold of his arm. We walked out of the room, into the hall and stopped in front of two huge closed doors. The music changed to the wedding march and it wasn't until now that my nerves kicked in. 

'Do I look okay, will he think that I look okay, can I handle everyone staring at me, is he going to like my dress, will I trip!?' A million thoughts were going through my mind and I was far from ready when the doors opened. My jaw slightly dropped when I saw the amazing decorations. We started slowly walking down the aisle and everyone turned around. I saw at least a hundred eyes all staring at me.  

'One foot in front of the other. One, two, three. Don't trip, don't trip, don't trip. Careful'

Some people were crying but they were all smiling and I realized how happy I was. I looked at the four best mens and then I saw him. He was looking at me with a huge smile. His eyes glistened like stars in the sky. We were only a couple of feet away from him now. Suddenly my dad stopped, he turned me around so we were facing each other. I couldn't stop smiling and I had to bite my lip really hard to stop myself from crying. This is it, this is the moment, this is everything I've been waiting for. It's finally here and I can't believe it's actually happening. My dad placed his hands on my cheeks and leaned in to kiss my forehead. 

"Thank you." I mouthed. "I love you." 

"I love you too, princess." He smiled and turned around to shake his hand. "Take care of her." I glanced over at the other four. They were smiling at me, they looked genuinly happy for us. He took my hand in his and I walked up next to him, looked up to his face. Our eyes locked and I immediately realized that I'd made the right choice. Every single doubt I'd ever had disappeared when I looked into his eyes. He entangled our fingers and I couldn't control myself anymore. The emotions were too overwhelming. A tear streamed down my cheek and he caught it with his finger. I heard some people in the audience chuckling, everyone knows how much of an emotional wreck I am. 

"The bride and groom have chosen to write their own vows. I now leave the word to the groom." The priest made a gester for the ring bearer to hand him the rings. The priest took my ring and handed it to him. I prepared myself for his vow, I'm not sure what to expect. We've been keeping them secret and I was about to hear his for the first time. He took a deep breath and gazed deep into my eyes with a smile. 

"Jessica, as I stand here before you, my eyes looking so deeply into yours, I see all of the things I fell in love with. 

As I stand here before you, my heart beating so loudly in my ears, I find myself so lost for the right words to say. 

As I stand here before you, this ring in my hand, it makes me remember how complete you make my life. 

With every smile, every embrace, every tear you've ever wiped from my face. 

It makes me remember how blessed I really am, how I can't ever thank the Lord above enough, for allowing you into my life. 

It makes me remember every laugh we've ever shared, every hard time we made it through together, every fight I've fought for you and every beautiful moment there is to come. 

It reminds me that everything was worth it, I would go through it all again just to be with you. 

Jessica, I give you this ring, my heart, my soul. I give you the everything I am today as I stand before you. 

I promise to love you, protect you, be with and cherish every moment as if it were the last moment on earth. 

Jessica, I love you. With this ring, let it be known, I'm promising to be here for you for all eternity, 'til death do us part." I was staring at him with wide eyes. He easily put the ring on my finger and looked up at me, grinning. 

"Breathe!" He whispered and all the guests started laughing. I shook my head as tears streamed down my face. Did he really just say all of that? I couldn't say anything. I tried to but every single muscle in my body was frozen and I just stood there staring at him like an idiot. I've definitley chosen the right guy, after everything that has happened I know now. I know that this is right because my mind, my body and my heart are all screaming yes. I took the ring from the priest, wiped away a few tears and looked up at him. I smiled and took a deep breath. He was waiting, they all were. I looked over at the four others, they all nodded at me and I realized that this was meant to be. From the day I met them, this was meant to happen, this was right and it was happening. He gently squeezed my hand to remind me that there actually was a wedding ceremony taking place.