Chapter 1

"Just make sure you just the stuff for Maisy's project okay? I don't think I can handle her whinging anymore," My dad groaned down the phone, he was off the booze and fags again 'for good' this time so handling his mood swings and grumpy arse attitude were becoming like second nature to me.

"Yep okay, sure dad, I'll be home in a about an hour," I replied, sickly sweetly.

"Hmm" he huffed down the phone, "Hurry up though, I'm considering buying a lock for Maisy's room! She's a fucking nightmare."

"Dad I'm not super woman I'll be home when I'm home. Maisy's not that bad, you just don't know her that's all,"

"I know my daughter well enough thank you!" He snapped,

'No you don't you were inside a bottle most of her childhood' I thought to myself. The truth is, my dad has never been the same since my mum got ill, let alone died. He couldn't deal with the loss or the strain so found comfort in a whiskey bottle. Maisy was 2 when she first was ill, so can't remember sober dad, to be honest, even though I was 12, I couldn't either. 10 years later he'd moved back in after mum died was supposed to be recovering alcoholic again, for the 13th million time. I'd lost count.

"Okay dad, I'm going to go now, bye" I sung the last word down the phone and pressed the cancel bottom, my earphones filled my ears with music again as I walked into hobby craft to get stuff for Maisy's summer project.

I walked towards the till with a handful of stuff because obviously I had the common sense of goldfish and didn't pick up a basket. Just as a tube of sparkling material that I thought was really cute- and if Maisy didn't like it I'm sure it would make a good background for some research crap I had present in my sketch book for my Art Course at college- was about to slip out from under my grip and fall embarrassingly on the floor, a pale hand came out of nowhere and grabbed it for me. I looked up and saw a girl with a big grin, ebony hair and striking green eyes smiling at me.

"You nearly dropped this babe," she laughed, her Essex accent strong.

"Thanks" I smiled awkwardly and blushed. Still holding the roll of material, she held her free hand out to me, "I'm Jessica by the way, nice to meet you"

"Yeah" I muttered quietly, I dunno what it was but something about her seemed familiar. I recognized her face and voice from somewhere but I couldn't place her. I put it down to the fact that I used to work at Pizza Express down the road so she might have eaten there once or twice? No... It was something else and it was really bugging me.

"Hello?" She said waving her hand in front of my face, I shook my head and pulled myself out of my little daze. She giggled.

"I said I'm Jessica" she smiled,

"Oh sorry! I'm Kayla. It's nice to meet you Jessica." I gushed, my cheeks blushing harder, I cringed internally to myself but Jessica just giggled again. Oh god, it was like an angel's laugh... Woah okay, that's weird kayla you perv.

Jessica shuffled awkwardly, "Look I don't normally do this but do you want to go for a drink sometime..? Or not whatever, totally your choice." She stuttered, she was too cute. Wait what? Did she just ask me out?

"Umm," I started, trying to get my head round the fact that a beautiful woman had just asked me out. And um was the best I could manage, nice one.

Jessica's expression deflated a little, "Don't worry, it was a long shot anyway, it was good to meet you though" she turned to leave.

I couldn't get my brain to make words so I grabbed her arm, causing me to drop more stuff. Jessica whirled around (along with the rest of the people in the shop, perfect) and laughed at me fumbling to pick everything up. The next thing I knew was she was beside me with a basket. She helped me put everything in it and then handed the basket to me, her hand lingering on it longer than necessary, like she didn't want to let go. Okay is it Kayla, time to use your words, you know the ones you've been using since before you could walk.

"I'd um, yeah, a drink would be, um, lovely" I grimaced at my choice of words, always the charmer Kayla! But she got the message because she whipped out her phone and waited for me to give her my number. I did and she said she'd text me later tonight and sort out our 'drink'. We said out goodbyes and I went up to pay.

So this fanfic used to be on a random twitter account I had (@jessiejxfanfic) but i decided to put it on wattpad instead woo so sorry if you've read these first few chapters before :/

Please vote + comment etc yay