Chapter 4

By the end of the day, I was exhausted and flat out done with school. All day I had been harassed by flirty boys who insisted on getting my number. I was almost positive that they all either had a girlfriend or a rather nasty STD...or maybe both.

I walk into the girls' locker room and sigh, glad that it's empty. I hurriedly change into a pair of track shorts and a racer back tank top. Coach Moore had earlier that said today was just conditioning, so no need to pad up or to wear a helmet or even bring my stick. I pull my hair into a high ponytail and stuff my feet into my regular running shoes I grab my water bottle and place the rest of my stuff into my bag and putting my stuff into the closest locker, not bothering to lock it.

I walk out of the locker room, extremely impressed with the school fields. They have five fields, all in amazing condition. At my last school we only had one field and it was practically falling apart. They have each field reserved for a different sport right now. There's one for lacrosse, one for football, one for soccer and two that aren't in use right now.

I walk towards the lacrosse field where some guys are stretching out but most of the guys are messing around. As usual. I spot the coach talking to the assistant coaches. Walking towards them, one of my new teammates grabs my arm from behind, bringing me to a halt.

I whip around to face him, taking in his appearance. He has light brown hair and warm brown eyes, sounds simple but still gorgeous. I'll admit that I'm a bit of a sucker for brown eyes like his.

"Hey." He says with a husky voice. "I'm Matt, capitan of the lacrosse team."

"Erm, hi I'm Jane," I say, pulling my arm away from his grip. "I'm new here."

"I know." He says with a smirk practically tattooed to his face. What's with all the guys in this school and their damn smirks? Some of them can't even pull it off without looking like the Joker.

"Well I'm gonna go talk to the coach now..." I say, flashing him a smile and turning back towards the three coaches.

"Jane," Matt says, making me turn around. "Cheerleader practice is over there." He says pointing to the field where cheerleaders, in skimpy uniforms, are warming up.

"Thanks but no thanks. I'm on the lacrosse team." I say sarcastically, moving towards the coaches.

"Great joke." He yells at my back. I hide my small smile and laugh a bit. If only he knew.

"Hey Coach Moore!" I say, my smile wide when I finally approach him.

"Hey Trevors." He says, returning my smile before turning to the other two coaches. "Coach Jones and Coach Wong, meet Jane Trevors. The newest addition to our team."

"Oh so you're Jane!" Coach Wong says, "My daughter is Tiffany, she just told me about you. She's over there with her team right now actually." He points over at the cheerleaders as they just now start to stretch on the other field.

Tiffany's a cheerleader? But she's so tough and definitely not what I would find 'cheerleader material'.

"Oh that's nice, I'll go over and say hi to her later." I say, biting my lip to prevent myself from laughing. Who would of thought, Tiffany was a cheerleader!

"Trevors. You will not be treated any differently on this team, do you understand?" Coach Jones says with a hostile bite to his voice. I've got a feeling that he doesn't exactly want me on his team.

"Yes sir." I nod, acting very proper and polite in the face of hostility.

"Well Trevors, ready to meet the guys?" Coach Moore asks, my body relaxing once he takes charge of the conversation.