Prologue

Centuries ago, a volcano erupted in the city of Pompeii, causing the devastating death of a huge percentage of the population; men, women and children all wiped out.

The thousands that died were either burnt to death by the avalanches of lava, pumice, and red-hot ash, or they were asphyxiated by the three meters of pumice which engulfed the sky in colossal, foreboding clouds sent by death.

The few that survived, lived on, never forgetting what happened for those deadly twenty four hours and the lives cruelly taken by the angry eruption.  

For Pompeii however, it's a different story...

From the ashes of the dead, things began to ... evolve: a race, a whole new species evolved from those who had perished that fateful night.  

This new race call themselves the Unkind; ruthless, proud and bitter. The ruler, a monster they call Fainche is an emotionless and merciless warrior who devours her rivals like they are nothing.

However, there is always good to every story.

Amongst the devastation, from Vesuvius itself, another race evolved, named after the city - The Pompeites. A light, quite literally, in the darkness.

This more promising race are similar to humans in appearance and behavior. If not for their fiery tinted skin, you would believe them to be human. Their skin colour becomes more prominent when they are angry or scared, very similar to mankind in that way. Cor and Magma, a power team determined to have justice for their race, rule them on a strict schedule. Nothing must go wrong or the light will be extinguished. They are the polar opposites of Fainche.

For centuries, these two races, evolved from the same terrible event, have been at war. The cause for this, is unknown, lost throughout the many years and generations eradicated in the pointless war, yet, they still keep fighting. But no progress has been made even after all these years.

Now, to advance this war further, these two races had an idea. The same idea.

Each race is host to seven experiments; human children captured from their homes and trained in the art of Unkind or Pompeite warfare and forced to fight in the tragic battles.

The humans have all been lost and forgotten, the species caring for their own survival and humans be damned.

But now they have another idea. It is uncertain which of them came up with it. But now they both want the same thing.

Once again, innocent children are to be taken and this time be experimented on; enhanced in different ways. But once again they will have to fight and they will most likely die ...

A/N: Hey guys it's Georgia here.

Well, what to say. Thanks a lot for reading. Means a lot to the both of us, we've put a lot of work into this and we hope you stick with this as things are going to get interesting!

Please comment on this, good or bad, we appreciate it either way.

But if you loved it, comment, vote, fan!!

You can fan our personal accounts too - Me: @georgieberry28 Rachel: @RachelMacintyre

Thanks a lot guys, we'll update soon and I swear you won't be disappointed xD